Life Safety Systems is recruiting for innovative and collaborative candidates for a Sprinkler Design Manager position to join our Design team in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia. As the Design Manager, you will report directly to the Operations Manager within the Life Safety Systems Division. As a key member of the Life Safety Systems team, you will be responsible for leading a team dedicated to providing on-time and on-budget design for our clients.
Life Safety Systems, a member of the Cahill Group of companies, offers total fire protection services to owners and operators of industrial, commercial, institutional, and residential buildings of all sizes across the Atlantic provinces.
Our team handles initial design and installation right through to regular maintenance and inspection. Professionalism and high-quality workmanship are an integral part of how we approach every project entrusted to us, and we pride ourselves on being on time and on budget.
Life Safety Systems is an expert source for a comprehensive suite of total fire protection services, and key to Cahill’s integrated approach to construction and project lifecycle management.
Why should you join Life Safety Systems?
At Life Safety Systems, we value the contributions of our employees’ and offer unique programs to put our people first. By working with us, you’ll be eligible to receive the following:
- Flexible Working Arrangements: employees can choose to work up to two days per week from home. We also offer a Summer Hours program!
- Competitive Compensation: we pay competitive salaries to ensure our employees are compensated fairly.
- Health and Dental Benefits: we offer a comprehensive co-pay benefits plan to ensure you have the support you need.
- Pension Plans: our employer-matched plan allows employees to secure their future.
- Professional Development: we take pride in offering our employees training and development programs that spark their interest and can advance their careers.
Reporting to the Operations Manager and working in an exciting and collaborative environment, you will:
- Manage and mentor a team of 4 – 5 Design Technicians
- Manage and participate in the complete process of Fire Sprinkler Design, using HydraCAD RVT software for REVIT.
- Prepare drafting files for sprinkler layout, abiding by local codes and NFPA guidelines
- Prepare stock lists, material shop cuts, and manuals.
- Collaborate with the foremen and shop to meet scheduling requirements.
- Expedite approvals from consultants and AHJs.
- Assist in project management activities as required.
Who are we looking for?
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary technical diploma, degree or relevant technical/industrial work experience
- At least 5 years’ experience with REVIT and 3D Coordination
- Sprinkler and Fire Systems Design background considered an asset
- 3 to 5 years’ management experience
- P. Eng designation considered an asset
- Positive and collaborative leadership style
- Strong time management and multi-tasking skills with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to present information effectively and be persuasive.
- Effective communication style.
- Demonstrated ability to meet budgets and deadlines.
- Strong focus on safety, quality, and client satisfaction.
- A positive work ethic with focus on company success and efficiency.
- Permanent, full-time
- 37.5 hours per week
- Monday to Friday
The Cahill Group embraces a culture of belonging in the workplace. We believe that a diverse and inclusive culture creates a work environment that is supportive, engaging, challenging, and innovative while enabling our employees to be collaborative, positive, and creative to reach our full potential. The Cahill Group is an equal opportunity organization and welcomes applications from 2SLGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), women, newcomers to Canada, and people with disabilities. If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.
If you require any accommodation in the recruitment process, please let us know.If you feel as though you can express some key qualities as noted in the above posting, please apply in confidence by clicking “apply now” below. While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Dartmouth, NS B3B 1H5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- REVIT and 3D Coordination: 5 years (preferred)
- Management: 3 years (preferred)
- Sprinkler and Fire Systems Design: 1 year (preferred)
- P. Eng designation (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Dartmouth, NS B3B 1H5