We are looking for a part-time Cage Cashier!
Do you like to have fun at work? As Atlantic Canada’s top entertainment destination, we are all about fun! Walk through our doors and feel the energy! Located in the vibrant Halifax Downtown core, our central location makes us easy to access by foot, car, or transit.
When you join Casino Nova Scotia, you are joining a team that is proud of our people, our business and our community.
As leaders in the hospitality and entertainment industry, we credit our success to our people.
So, come on down, show us your energy and let the fun begin!
Under the direction of the Cage management and supervisory team, this position is responsible for preparing and completing of all Cage transactions and for maintaining and securing assets. Must work well within a team, excel at multi-tasking and display exceptional communication and interpersonal skills. The successful candidate will contribute to a safe and welcoming work environment for all coworkers. Must respect and adhere to all policies and procedures, regulations and Internal Controls. Above all else, must embrace and be aligned with Casino Nova Scotia’s culture and philosophy of providing outstanding entertainment experiences.
- Maintains the highest standard of service by creating Great Experiences and Memories for casino guests (internal and external)
- Ensures all transactions are completed efficiently, accurately and in accordance with all policies and procedures.
- Ensures company assets are protected from risk by following policies and procedures for Cage and Count Room transactions.
- Holds responsibility for bank inventory of the area(s) assigned which could include: Main Bank/Employee Services, Chip Bank and Front Window (HL or Main), etc.
- Ensures compliance with licensing laws, health and safety and other statutory regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned or directed.
- Embraces the Casino Nova Scotia culture and philosophy and has a playful, infectious and "all about the guest" attitude!
- Minimum grade 12 or equivalent is required.
- Excellent mathematical skills, including efficient and accurate counting and attention to detail is required.
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment is required
- Strong observation skills are required
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly is required
- Must have solid interpersonal and communication skills, including active listening skills
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs is required
- Schedule flexibility is required as Casino Nova Scotia is a 24 hour operation
- Completion of Cage Cashier training is required (upon hiring)
Great Canadian Entertainment is committed to diversity, equity and inclusion and we welcome all qualified applicants to apply to join our team of unique contributors. We accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process and applicants are encouraged to advise Human Resources in advance if an accommodation is required.
We thank all applicants for their interest, and will contact those qualified to continue in the recruitment process.
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: From $15.64 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- On-site parking
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person