Dispatcher/Batcher – Ready Mix Concrete
Quality Concrete Limited is a market leader in the production and supply of ready mix concrete for customers throughout Nova Scotia and New Brunswick. Headquartered in Dartmouth with plants in several locations across the region, the company’s growth and success has been built on industry knowledge, ethical business practices, quality products and exceptional service.
To continue our growth and success, the company requires the services of a Ready-Mix Concrete Plant Operator/Dispatcher to work out of our Fredericton location.
The duties of the position will include:
- As the initial point of contact for the customers the position is responsible for batching concrete to top quality assurance levels, dispatch trucks and managing daily orders based on customer needs
- Set up day to day scheduling of concrete deliveries by taking customer orders and scheduling drivers
- Provide product pricing to independent customers within set guidelines Represent the company and be the direct link between the customer and the concrete deliveries.
- Order raw materials for production.
- Ensures accurate production of concrete to produce a quality product.
- Monitor plant maintenance requirements.
- Monitor incoming materials for inventory purposes
- Other duties as assigned by the Plant Manager
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications and attributes:
- Applicant should have a minimum of 3 years experience in concrete industry (or the equivalent of experience and education)
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Detail oriented, with a strong commitment to quality standards.
- Demonstrated record of safety leadership and adhering to safety guidelines.
The position offers a competitive wage plus an excellent group benefits package.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $24.00-$26.00 per hour
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Day shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Fredericton, NB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- operations: 3 years (required)
- dispatching: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person