Working together to be our best!
First National is Canada’s largest non-bank lender, originating and servicing both commercial and residential mortgages since 1988. Over the past thirty years, we have been committed to hiring the best and brightest with over 1,000 proud team members. Through cooperation, ongoing coaching, development opportunities and a culture that celebrates both hard work and teamwork, First National team members are supported to lead, learn and grow.
If you are ready to join First National’s dynamic team, while working hard and having fun doing it, we invite you to apply online and let us know how you can be part of our success story.
We are hiring a Senior Systems Administrator, IT Infrastructure
Manager, IT Infrastructure
September 13, 2023
September 27, 2023
Downtown Toronto Great location! Steps away from the main public transit station
What we offer:
Highly competitive compensation package which includes, base salary, bonus, benefits, and career advancement opportunities!
- Eligibility for benefits is dependent on the terms of employment
Reporting to Manager, IT Infrastructure, the Senior Systems Administrator is responsible for maintaining and ensuring the optimal health and operations of the IT infrastructure and services. The ideal candidate will participate in the planning, implementation, maintenance, and documentation of IT assets to conform with Information Security Management Systems standards, policies, processes, and procedures to their daily duties. This individual will also ensure system provisioning, operations and maintenance that is consistent with company goals, industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
The Requirements Needed:
- Oversee and deploy the critical and regular security patches and fixes according to its patching cycle.
- Ensure the enforcement of standards and procedures related to IT Infrastructure and Information Security.
- Participate in the audit and Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) programs to ensure to ensure adherence to standards, policies, procedures, and obligations.
- Knowledge of information security fundamentals.
- Strong focus on ITSM change management, incident management and assets management fundamentals.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2016/2019/2022 deployment and management including Active Directory, Group Policies, and scripting (Powershell, Python)
- Working knowledge of networking technologies: routers, switches, load balancers, web application firewalls, next-gen firewalls, LAN/WAN networks, WAN accelerators, MPLS, SD-WAN, Internet, VPN, and various network protocols such SIP, IPSec, DNS, DHCP, SMTP, SSH, S/FTP etc.
- Manage and maintain infrastructure lifecycle, including inventory, maintenance of infrastructure components.
- Experience in configuring and managing VMware servers and VMware Horizon virtualization platform.
- Architecture, standards and maintenance programs for SQL database, processing systems and storage, VMware virtual servers/ desktops.
- Ensure smooth and stable operations and daily health of processing, storage, networking, and security equipment.
- Develop and management of remote access and all data transfers.
- Work closely with Technical Support and Development groups to ensure alignment, timely service, and customer satisfaction.
- Ensure to adhere to the Change Management process by updating and implementing the agreed changes.
- Evaluate and deploy infrastructure products and services that support end-users and back-office operations.
- Participate in testing disaster recovery and business continuity systems and programs.
- Provide after-hours support for Infrastructure related emergencies, regular and occasional weekend maintenance.
- Post-secondary education and/or technical certifications relevant in Microsoft operating systems, networking and information security required.
- At least 5 years hands-on experience working in an enterprise IT environment with a demonstrated ability to establish effective working relationships and collaborative work approaches.
- Proficiency in vulnerability management across platforms (Windows, Linux, Network devices etc.)
- Working knowledge of server security, SSL certificates and security best practices.
- Virtual and Physical Infrastructure and Network administration.
- Understanding of ITIL practices or certification.
- Strong communication skills, planning, organization, documentation, and project management skills.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities, and attention to detail.
- Experience working in a team, able to lead, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and provide or make sound decisions in emergencies.
Why join First National?
- Bright open concept office environment
- Large kitchens with a coffee and latte maker to enjoy at no cost
- Supportive teamwork focused environment
- Collaborative entrepreneurial spirit
- Opportunities to give back to the communities and work through events focused on a variety of charities
- Ongoing social events throughout the year
- Extensive training programs to set our employees up for success
First National is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity and inclusion regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender identity, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation or any other category protected by law.
First National supports requests for accommodation from applicants with disabilities; please contact Human Resources at [email protected]
We would like to thank all applications for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.