Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
BDO Law LLP is expanding its presence in Montreal, Québec. We are looking for a Senior Business Lawyer to join BDO Law taking carriage of a broad range of responsibilities, including:
- Advising on asset and sale purchase and sale transactions, corporate reorganizations, general corporate governance matters, and commercial contracts.
- Using your professional experience, legal training, and business acumen to evaluate engagements opportunities, provide fee estimates, and manage won engagements throughout their entire life cycle.
Supporting the firm's growth in the Province of Qu
- ébec through talent acquisition and development, knowledge management and coaching of junior counsel and paralegals.
- Supervising junior lawyers and paralegals.
Develop relationships across BDO Canada to grow BDO Law in the Province of Qu
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspects of your work: Integrity, Respect, and Collaboration
- You understand your clients' industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains, and attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development
Your experience and education
You are a member in good standing of the Barreau du Qu
- You have at least a minimum of 10 years of relevant business law experience at a recognized national or local law firm.
- You have strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, a collaborative nature, and the ability to work in a cross-team environment.
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- You have effective time management and organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines.
- You have high values in teamwork, client/customer service and professionalism.
- You have the ability to work effectively with all levels of staff and management.
You have excellent knowledge of French grammar both written and verbal while having a strong command of the English language will be seen as an asset.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Diversity Equity and Inclusion Officer , we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It's about creating work experiences that meet everyone's needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .