Like the feel of working in a boutique firm but want the opportunity to work on bigger files? Tired of a highly competitive environment, and want to be part of a more collaborative team instead? Want to convenient commute and be able to work from an office with gorgeous Downtown views? If so, I’d love to chat!
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
Even though they are a smaller firm, our client has offices set up all over British Columbia. They have a reputation in family law and estate litigation with lead lawyers having over 20 years of experience in these areas! Since they are now expanding their practice, they are now seeking a new Estate Litigation Legal Administrative Assistant to join their ever-growing team.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
Being a fully-in office position, you’ll have access to thorough training from lawyers, and a seasoned paralegal you can always come to for questions! You’ll get the opportunity to work on big files for the firm and eventually become an industry expert in estate litigation.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Primarily supporting 2 lawyers, your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing legal documents (e.g., Lists of Documents, chambers/trials binders, book of authorities/documents)
- Filing documents and liaising with court agents (in-person and online)
- Maintaining an efficient bring-forward system
- Managing lawyers’ calendars
- Assisting with setting up trial/discovery dates, mediations, and settlement conferences
- Drafting pleadings
- Performing title searches and corporate summaries on BC Online
- Closing files
- Providing receptionist coverage when necessary
- Scanning and photocopying documents
Must have at least 1 year of estate litigation experience
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a legal administrative assistant
- A Legal Administrative Assistant certificate is an asset
- Previous experience with an organizational/bring-forward system
- Proficiency in PC Law and Worldox are a major asset
$60,000 - $72,000 (depending on experience)
- 2-3 weeks vacation (depending on experience)
- Medical and dental coverage
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply directly to this posting with the most recent version of your resume. If you would like to speak with us regarding this position, please contact Megan Chua at: 604 689 8687 ext. 239 or email [email protected]. To learn more about our open positions, visit us at impactrecruitment.ca.
ABOUT IMPACT RECRUITMENT
Specializing in a wide variety of industries and recruitment verticals, Impact Recruitment is passionate about matching exceptional talent with exciting new opportunities. For job seekers, we offer a dedicated approach to finding the right opportunity for your career growth.
The Certified Candidate® system by Impact Recruitment is designed to ensure your next career move is the right one. We take the time to thoroughly understand your technical abilities, your career goals, and you. Become a Certified Candidate® and enjoy a better recruitment experience with Impact. Learn more at impactrecruitment.ca.
Privacy and confidentiality are important to us; as such all applications are kept strictly confidential. We will not share your information with anyone without your prior approval. While we will only be considering qualified applicants for this position, if you are interested in pursuing an alternate career path, we would certainly be happy to speak with you about opportunities that fit your profile.