The same philosophy of personal attention that distinguishes Yorkville Education Company as a leading provider of post-secondary education also makes us an exceptional place to work. We are a modern and progressive institution that prioritizes diversity, opens doors to those often overlooked and provides pathways to successful careers.
Yorkville Education LP launched in 2004 with a simple idea: to offer people in search of a purposeful path with the flexible, rigorous and career-focused degrees they need to succeed. With campuses in Ontario, British Columbia and New Brunswick, we equip our online and on-campus graduates from both Yorkville University and Toronto Film School with the professional knowledge, skills and designations that employers seek out. Every member of our team – from the President, right on down to the newest hire – shares a passion for learning, teaching and growing, both as individuals and as a collective. While our focus remains on providing our students with transformative, accessible and flexible higher education pathways, we also nurture an inclusive, supportive and genuinely kind work environment for our employees in three provinces.
If you want to help transform the Canadian post-secondary education landscape and shine a light on academic excellence, please join us.
Who we need:
Working in a team environment, the eLearning Specialist will contribute to the development and deployment of synchronous and asynchronous courses in the Learning Management System (LMS). This includes course site creation, course architecture and navigation, functionality testing and monitoring, quality assurance, trouble shooting, and technical support.
If you want to take on a role where you can make a profound difference on the experience of students, and design better ways to serve them, we’d love to hear from you.
What you will do:
· Integrate online teaching materials, assessments, and tools within course sites to produce high quality digital learning experiences.
· Recommend and implement course architectures that support user navigation and prioritize accessibility.
· Manage the deployment and updating of course materials and assessments in the online learning environment.
· Provide design and practical implementation of new eLearning course components, online formats, and tools.
· Conduct thorough testing of course sites prior to deployment to assess functionality and address any issues that may negatively impact digital learning experience.
· Maintain up to date course syllabi.
· Collaborate with Educational Technologists to develop training and resources to assist LMS users (faculty and students).
· Investigate and analyze day-to-day technical challenges experienced by users, including students, faculty, and staff via the tech support system. Resolve issues by drawing on own expertise or liaising with IT and/or other members of the eLearning team.
· Manage support tickets and respond in a timely manner.
· Advise faculty on selection of appropriate online delivery and development tools within the LMS.
· Report progress on eLearning projects and proactively identify and communicate risks to the timely completion of these projects.
· Communicate regularly with manager, colleagues, and collaborators to promote transparency and collaboration.
· Train, support, and advise course leads on course changes in the LMS.
· Collaborate on various additional projects with other teams within the Learning Design group or the broader Teaching & Learning portfolio.
What you bring:
· An undergraduate degree, diploma, or certificate in Education Technology, or a relevant area - Graphic Design, Animation, and/or Multimedia would be ideal.
· Experience in online learning development, preferably within a higher education context.
· Experience working within a Learning Management System.
· Experience in visual design aesthetic and user interface practices.
· Application of accessibility standards and guidelines in eLearning design and development.
· Communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills, including the ability to interact with a variety of people with various levels of technological sophistication.
· Embrace continuous change and exhibit the adaptability to work within realistic, yet demanding deadlines.
· Ability to work independently and with other team members.
· Time management and organizational skills to set short-term priorities while working on several projects simultaneously.
· Web meeting software (i.e. Zoom, MS Teams, Adobe Connect)
· Expertise in MS Office 365
What’s in it for you:
We provide a transformative, accessible and flexible higher education environment, our team shares a passion for learning, teaching, and growing. We nurture an inclusive, supportive, and diverse work environment throughout our three campus locations.
· Health Benefits
· Dental Coverage
· Competitive Salary
· Retirement Savings Plan
· Fun, competitive, and challenging work environment
· Incentives and rewards
· Career growth
· Free Tuition for all Yorkville University Programs
· Employee and Family Assistance Program
What does the best of all worlds mean at Yorkville Education?
· An atmosphere that successfully blends an entrepreneurial culture with education. We value innovation and continuously look towards expanding our programming, working with the latest research, tools, and solutions. As a private school with government approval of our offerings, we have the opportunity to do more, stay current, and be future-forward.
· The chance to accelerate your career and disrupt education by responding to the needs you see and purposefully challenging the status quo. Everything we do here is about delighting and engaging our employees - and ultimately our students- from mentorship to teaching, from creative outlets to analytical ones.
· A place where all individuals feel welcomed in the academic and workplace environments and can bring their authentic selves to the educational and work spheres. We celebrate the full range of human diversity, and we acknowledge that equal access to opportunities and services may require the removal of barriers that equity-seeking communities experience in trying to obtain this access.
· The opportunity to grow with access to free courses, certifications, and programs - right up to our Doctorate offerings.
· An appreciation for the insights and skills you bring to work with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits, including a wide breadth of wellness services, and a work-life balance.
We welcome and appreciate candidates with a range of backgrounds and experiences. Diversity, equity and inclusion are a critical component of life at Yorkville Education Company and we are committed to making these values an integral part of our culture. We encourage applications from all qualified applicants, including women, persons with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, and People of Colour (BIPOC), people from the Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Transsexual, Queer, Questioning, Two-Spirit, Intersex, Asexual + (LGBTQ2SIA+) community, and other equity-seeking groups.
Yorkville University is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act ('AODA'). If you require accommodation for disability, please notify Human Resources at 1-877-429-4029.
Job Type: Full-time