Law Clerk/Legal assistant
- Regular Communication with clients and others
- file creation and maintenance
- office management of files including scanning and shredding.
· 1+ years of education OR work experience in a family law
· Completion of law clerk diploma or law school or equivalent experience
· Proficiency in English language written and spoken
· Maintains the utmost level of confidentiality and discretion in all work matters
- exhibit good judgment, professionalism and respect,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Strong multi-tasker who can manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- work well under pressure
- General mathematical skills.
- Able to follow instructions in written or verbal form.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office products, including Outlook, Word and Excel and Divorce Mate.
- Able to maintain filing systems and basic databases.
- Meticulous records maintenance skills.
- Ability to work independently, follow instructions with minimal supervision, and take initiative as required
- Time management skills with high attention to detail
- punctuality, and a positive work attitude with a focus on providing excellent client service
Please apply with a resume, cover letter, transcripts and references.
Please note that only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Internship / Co-op, Freelance, Permanent, Part-time
All employees must wear masks in common areas if the law requires it
- Secondary School (required)
- Legal Assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person