- Do you consider yourself a wordsmithing wizard when it comes to writing policies, emails, and other communication?
- Are you a friendly, well-spoken individual, with the ability to present your ideas confidently in all business settings?
- Do you have a Bachelor of Arts in Law or Paralegal or Law Clerk diploma/credentials, or equivalent work experience?
If you scored three for three, JLR has a home for you! We’ve opened a role in all of our offices for talented, entrepreneurial candidates to work alongside exceptional people in JLR’s Legal group. You’ll be supported by a Platinum Club member of Canada’s Best Managed Companies program, 100% employee-owned firm that has a long-established reputation for quality services in multiple sectors.
JLR is a creative, tight-knit, and mentorship-focused community with unique opportunities for driven people with tenacity and spirit. Our organization is made up of diverse employee-owners with specialized expertise in a wide range of disciplines. Joining the JLR team means joining a dynamic group of innovative engineering, architecture, and planning professionals and support staff. If you are innovative and collaborative, thrive when presented with new challenges, and are eager to take your career in new directions, then JLR is the right environment for you.
Choose your own adventure! Let’s talk about how your skills, experience, goals, and passions can find a home at JLR. Your role will include:
- Reviewing and providing recommendations/wording on the following types of contractual documents, and escalate to Legal Counsel as required:
- Procurement documents (RFPs, RFQs, etc.)
- Proposal clauses
- Project contracts/terms & conditions (supplemental conditions)
- Service agreements
- Subconsultant agreements
- Nondisclosure & Confidentiality agreements.
- Assisting with developing and implementing efficient and streamlined workflows for contract review and appropriate filing of contract documentation.
- Ensuring best practices for contract review; attention to detail while reviewing various contract types, clauses, and providing recommendations to management on risks and mitigation strategies associated with contract clauses and supplemental conditions.
- Assessing contract risk and provide guidance on risk mitigation.
- Assisting with providing guidance on training to members of project delivery teams on risk assessment as it relates to contract review.
- Assessing the contractual requirements of pursuing projects in various locations or markets.
- Fully participating in client contract/RFP negotiations and agreement drafting.
- Completing day-to-day drafting of contract clauses.
- Managing contract files.
- Other general duties as assigned.
Why Join Us?
We live, work, breathe, sleep, and thrive in the communities we build. We’re growing our presence in both eastern and western Ontario and all along the great lakes and St. Lawrence River corridor. We’re proud of our reputation and longevity in the Ottawa Region and we love Northern Ontario and the glorious bounty of the natural would. You should also know:
- We’re 100% employee owned with share ownership opportunities at all levels.
- Work-life balance is strongly encouraged, including flexibility with work hours and remote working (and you’ll benefit from remote working stipends to help offset the cost of setting up a productive home-work environment).
- We offer stable, long-term employment with opportunities for advancement based on merit, skill, and initiative and an “open-door” policy where communication is strongly encouraged.
- We foster a friendly, welcoming, and team-oriented atmosphere that encourages innovation and collaboration we have an established depth of technical and support resources that can efficiently and effectively deliver small and large multi-disciplinary projects.
- We provide a flexible career direction with opportunities to choose your own path and interesting and exciting assignments ranging in size and type.
- We provide competitive salaries, reviewed annually.
- Health and dental benefits and RRSP/DPSP programs are offered immediately.
- Our merit-and-profit bonus program is our key to recognizing performance.
- Extracurricular social events are provided so we can all have some fun along the way (“Prom”, golf tournaments, sports teams, department lunches, summer BBQs, and much more).
Interested in joining our team? We’re always open to great talent, even if it’s not exactly what we’ve posted. Ready? Send us a cover letter and resume outlining your skills, qualifications, and the specific experiences that make you an ideal candidate for the position by emailing [email protected].
JLR welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
At JLR, each of us contributes to inclusion and we all have a role to play. Our culture is the result of our behaviours, our personal commitment, our curiosity, how we collaborate, and the ways that we courageously share our perspectives and encourage others to do the same. In turn, our environment inspires us to try new things, speak openly, and be bold. It brings us together in ways that help us stand out. Our inclusive culture empowers all of us to connect, belong, and grow.