This position is a part of the WorkBC Job Creation Partnership Program and is funded by the Government of Canada and the Province of BC. To qualify, you must be either Canadian or a permanent resident. This position is a maximum 7 week contract and is designed to enable and foster work experience for individuals looking to enhance their ability to find meaningful work in their industry.
Applicants must be willing to register with Work BC, currently on an EI claim OR have had an EI claim in the last 5 years, OR have earned more than $2,000 in insurable earnings and paid employee EI premiums on those earnings in at least 5 of the last 10 years.
For more information and to check your eligibility, contact your local WorkBC.
Who We Are
We are a non-profit organization that aims to create advantageous opportunities by uniting people of diverse backgrounds and cultures through the power of art. We achieve this by hosting art programs and events all year long for artists, galleries, and the public to connect and inspire others. We are looking for creative (not necessarily artists) people to join our team to support our annual Art Vancouver show. We promote a collaborative open culture where all contributions are welcome.
What You’ll Do
At VVAF, we are about creating a space for people to grow and explore the art community. We strive to be an inclusive and positive workplace for everyone. This role is a great opportunity to use and expand your design experience and help ensure our exhibitors and partners are supported.
Key Project Activities
- Create digital banners for media partners, websites, and social graphics
- Provide creative input and implementation for any other marketing materials
- Prepare the show catalogue for print
- Design social media posts
What We’re Looking For
- Able to work in-person
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Marketing and Go-Getter Mindset
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently
- Experience in Adobe Creative Cloud or similar program (ex. Indesign, Photoshop)
PLEASE INCLUDE A COVER LETTER.
What You'll Receive
- Training that adds to your marketable skills for the future;
- Training in Slack, Canva, Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Zoom
- Work experience in communication, organization, creativity, and teamwork while working in the media, marketing, design, events, or community engagement fields
- 1 PAID day off every 2 weeks to pursue your job search
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 7 weeks
Salary: $18.57 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Vancouver, BC V7X 1M5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- What are your short term goals while at VVAF? How can we help you achieve them?
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-01-09
Expected start date: 2023-09-21