Job Title: Business Analyst
Employment Type/Duration: Full Time - 1 year contract position
Salary Range: $70,000- $80,000 (to commensurate with experience)
Business Analysts (BAs) are responsible for bridging the gap between IT and the business; using data analytics to assess processes, determine requirements and deliver data-driven recommendations and report to stakeholders, management, executives etc.
BAs engage with business leaders and users to understand how data-driven changes to their process, products, services, software, and hardware can improve efficiencies and add value. They must articulate those ideas but also balance them against what is technologically feasible, financially, and functionally reasonable. Depending on the role, you might work with datasets to improve products, hardware, tools, software, services, or process.
We are currently seeking a detail-oriented Business Analyst to join our growing firm to better serve our international clients. In this role, you will evaluate our clients’ current practices and processes, study industry trends, and propose cost-effective solutions to increase efficiency and boost profits. Our ideal candidate is a person who is eager to learn, out of the box thinker, has experience working on the business side and wants to be part of an amazing start up company who is always looking for ways to better serve their customers.
General Responsibilities & Duties:
- Gather critical information from meetings with various stakeholders
- Evaluate business processes, anticipate requirements, uncover areas for improvement, and develop and implement solutions that are tailored to meet customers needs
- Coordinate with other team members in the organization to create or improve workflows
- Document and communicate the results of your efforts
- Ensure solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Perform user acceptance testing
- Will be required to take ownership of projects; from development to monitoring its performance
- Update, implement, and maintain procedures
- Prioritize initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Manage competing priorities
- Monitor deliverables and ensure timely completion of projects
- Stay up to date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernize systems
Skills & Qualifications:
- Client-success minded
- A self-starter with the ability to work independently and as part of a team
- A keen eye for detail that helps efficiently detect and deliver a high level of accuracy
- Able to see the bigger picture and not get stuck in the details
- Strong business acumen and possess strong problem-solving skills, including strong analytical, data analysis, and system analysis skills to draw conclusions effectively
- Strong knowledge and understanding of the many processes relating to Manufacturing, Supply Chain, inventory management, etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required
- Excellent customer service through strong interpersonal skills capable of interacting and dealing with management and external partners
- Effective time management skills
- A track record of following through on commitments
- Understanding of databases, SQL, and other technology
- Exposure to cost-benefit analysis and strategic business process modeling
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications including Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook is required
- Knowledge of Power BI is required
- Knowledge of Power APP is required
- Flexible and possess a willingness to take on new projects/roles and to contribute to the team's success in a variety of capacities
- Good at explaining complex, technology syntax in layman’s terms
- Language: Bilingualism in English and French/Swedish/German is an asset.
Education, Designations, & Experience
- Minimum 5-7 years in related work experience
- Diploma or Degree in related field is an asset
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email us your resume and cover letter by October 13, 2023.
Attention: Samuel Martel - President & Founder
Email: [email protected]
The Phoenix Firm thanks all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Satisfactory references, and background checks (criminal) are an essential condition of employment.
The Phoenix Firm Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Contract length: 12 months
Salary: $70,000.00-$80,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Supplemental pay types:
- How many years Power BI experience do you have?
- Have you ever done Project Management?
Work Location: Remote
Application deadline: 2023-10-06