CBBC Career College is the oldest and most recognized private college in Sydney, Nova Scotia, established in 1958. With additional campuses in Halifax and Dartmouth, more than 15,000 alumni have secured successful careers cross the province.
CBBC Career College brings a practical, student-centric approach to our students with 13 programs in business, beauty, and healthcare. Regardless of where student attend or which programs they join, our small class sizes, dedicated instructors and contacts within the community make CBBC the place to go for career training in Nova Scotia.
Summary of position
Reporting to the Campus Director, the Microsoft Applications Instructor is responsible for delivering academic instructions to the students at the college.
- Instruct curriculum, using only Nova Scotia per-authorized and/or CBBC Career College materials.
- Organize and be responsible for instructor materials.
- Distribute and explain course outlines at the beginning of every class to every student.
- Define daily objectives and begin with an overview of the daily lesson plan.
- Grade and check daily work, projects, and quizzes in a timely fashion according to guidelines and procedures.
- Follow best teaching practices.
- Certificate, diploma or bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- At least 3 years of work experience.
- At least 2 years of teaching experience or mentoring role preferred.
- Results-driven, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and innovative.
- Strong organizational, research and accuracy skills.
- Exceptional verbal and written communications.
- Must have sensitivity and ability to successfully interact with diverse populations.
- Committed to quality and a thorough approach to the work.
A social media and criminal record search will be conducted.
Job Type: Contract
Contract length: 10 weeks
Salary: $25.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care
- Secondary School (preferred)
- Microsoft Applications: 3 years (required)
- Teaching: 2 years (preferred)
- Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Office 365: 2 years (required)
- Business Communications: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person