Connor, Clark, & Lunn Financial Group Ltd.
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Ltd. (“CCLFG”) is looking for a Legal Assistant who has strong attention to detail, communicates professionally and is able to manage priorities in a busy setting.
In this role, you will provide a broad range of support in the areas of corporate law, contract law and general legal administration. You will be responsible for acting as a key interface between the Legal & Compliance team and other stakeholders inside and outside the organization.
You will report to our Senior Compliance Manager and be part of our very busy in-house legal team that delivers all things legal and compliance to Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group and its various affiliated companies. We are fast-paced, entrepreneurial and, with very little politics, our team ‘gets things done.’
What You Will Do
- Prepare first draft of client contracts using standard form templates
- Assist with revisions and formatting to agreements
- Act as a first point of contact for requests/inquiries from various stakeholders; answer questions or direct to responsible lawyer, as necessary
- Prepare resolutions, agreements and other corporate documents as required
- Coordinate internal and external committee meetings including: preparation of meeting materials and minute taking
- Assist with corporate & regulatory filings
- Assist with public fund renewals (e.g., simplified prospectus form reviews, etc.)
- Provide ad-hoc support to in-house legal counsel
What You Bring
- Experience: You have a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a law firm or in-house setting, preferably in a securities, corporate or commercial role. Familiarity with document management processes and software applications are an asset.
- Knowledge: You have an undergraduate degree in a related field and/or are a graduate of a recognized Legal Assistant program in Canada (or equivalent). Completion of the Canadian Securities Course (CSC) is an asset.
- Collaborative Communication: You possess exceptional verbal and written communication skills and are able to comfortably and confidently communicate with lawyers on corporate legal matters.
- Technology: Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.
- Innovative: Demonstrated ability to take initiative, analyze processes and recognize opportunities for improvements. You are a self-starter with a learning mindset.
- Positive Attitude: A positive team player with a strongly ability to work both independently and collaboratively in a team.
About Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group provides investment a broad range of traditional and alterative investment products and investment management services to individuals, advisors, pension plans, institutional investors and foundations. The firm has offices across Canada and in New York and London and through its affiliated investment managers is responsible for the investment of approximately $110 billion in financial assets and over 800 people today. As we look forward, we can see both opportunities and challenges for further growth that only reinforce our commitment to attracting, retaining and motivating the most talented people.
This is best achieved by:
- A High-Quality Environment: To work with people who we hold in high regard; to enjoy the time that we spend at work; to focus on productive activities without the distraction of politics and bureaucracy; to treat each other with respect.
- An Opportunity to Succeed: To do work that has value, and which presents the opportunity for professional growth and development.
- Recognition and Reward: To recognize each person’s contribution and to align compensation with contribution.
CC&L is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or expression, disability, or age.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter as one PDF.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, but only those candidates shortlisted for interviews will be contacted. No telephone calls or recruitment agencies will be accepted.