ITS Solutions Administrator
GrandBridge Energy Inc. is the eighth largest municipally owned electricity distributor in Ontario.
GrandBridge Energy delivers safe and reliable electricity to 111,000 customers in the City of
Brantford, the City of Cambridge, the Township of North Dumfries, and the County of Brant. The team provides safe and reliable energy solutions that are strengthened by an unwavering commitment to service excellence.
GrandBridge Energy is guided by a vision to be a leader in energy transformation and driven by a mission to bridge communities to the energy future. Our values are the principles and beliefs that guide our operations. GrandBridge Energy’s vision, mission and values are supported by a Five-Year Strategic Plan.
The IT Solutions Administrator ensures a trouble-free end user experience with technology by providing superior technical support and administration of all systems and software. This is accomplished using proven helpdesk, deskside and back-office support solutions and services.
- Research solutions to assist business users in the accomplishment of their tasks.
- Evaluate new technologies, and new feature sets of existing technologies.
- Research, recommend and implement innovative approaches for IT administration.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures and standards.
- Field incoming requests to the Solutions Desk via telephone, email and walk-ins.
- Ensure end user services and goals are understood and exceeded.
- Perform hands-on upgrades and “break-fix” solutions at the desktop and server levels.
- Complete installations, support, upgrades, configuration changes, file backups/restores, malware and virus detection/elimination and more, at all sub-infrastructure levels.
- Provide preventative maintenance and optimization of the technology solutions.
- Perform daily system monitoring of all hardware, resources, systems and key processes.
- Perform or assist with monthly hardware/software patching, and
- This position, may at times, be required to access, copy, manipulate, backup and restore confidential corporate information as part of normal job duties.
Service desk, network and system administration experience for software and hardware solutions and posses’ solid knowledge in Microsoft Technologies on the server, desktop and Mobility side.
Progressive knowledge and experience with the following:
- Operating environments including MS and IOS.
- Experience with Office 365, Exchange Online and Azure.
- Application experience with MS Office, GIS, Adobe products, AutoCAD, Citrix and other.
- Knowledge of diagnostic utilities, imaging, and deployment solutions.
- Progressive knowledge of Microsoft Infrastructure technologies. o Microsoft Windows Server 2012-2020, including core. o Microsoft SQL Server 2012-2020, and o Microsoft Windows 10/11.
- Experienced in Systems Center Configuration Management (SCCM);
- Experienced using PowerShell for system administration, automation and configuration.
- Progressive understanding of production operations, server, storage, network, systems management, and reporting.
- Network knowledge with DNS, TCP/IP, network interfaces, resource, and registry management.
- Implementation and support knowledge of Voice & Video Conferencing, Digital Signage, Town
Hall, VoIP, and
- Exposure to IT Security Firewalls, Endpoint tools, Enterprise Device Management, 2FA/MFA.
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science/Information Technology and/or combination education and experience.
- MS, Citrix, HP and other IT certification is an asset.
- ITIL fundamentals principles v2 or above is an asset.
Please note that this position will be required to work from both our Brantford and Cambridge locations.
We offer an excellent working environment, career path exploration and development opportunities, a comprehensive total rewards package, and opportunities to get involved with teams and charitable events that support and make a difference in our community. To become a member of our team, please forward your resume by September 29, 2023 by 4:30 p.m. to [email protected]. When applying for the position, please quote “ ITS Solutions Administrator” in the subject line.
We appreciate the opportunity to review all resumes, however due to volume, only those under consideration will be contacted. We retain all resumes for a period of 12 months. In the event a similar position becomes available, your application may be considered.
GrandBridge Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is AODA compliant.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Cambridge, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- system administration: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-29