Who We Are:
Aird & Berlis LLP is a prominent Canadian business law firm located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, across from Union Station. With over 220 lawyers, business advisors and patent agents, we serve clients across Canada and globally.
What We Believe In:
The firm is committed to ensuring that all members of the Aird & Berlis LLP community feel valued, respected and supported. We are a dedicated group of diverse individuals who care about each other, the work we produce and the client service we provide. We go to great lengths to foster a professional, supportive environment for all firm members so you can focus on the important things: client service, your career and your life.
What We Are Looking For:
Aird & Berlis is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant with a strong legal background in corporate and litigation. This is an exciting opportunity for an individual who enjoys an independent, fast-paced and busy role. The successful candidate will be assisting a busy Partner with all legal administrative tasks. The ideal candidate should have a strong work ethic, detail oriented and some one who is interested in a highly administrative based legal assistant role in corporate and litigation.
- Handle the onboarding of clients and conflict checks through Aird & Berlis LLP’s in house system
- Independently manage the daily administrative operation of a Partner within the Corporate/Labour and Employment/Litigation
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients
- Provide client collections reminders and update reports
- Prepare correspondence and legal documents for review
- Provide daily calendar updates and facilitate communication (via email, telephone) between a busy partner and clients
- Provide full administrative support with respect to correspondence, diarizing events, delivering letters, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, calendar management, filing etc.
- Produce the highest quality of work
- Accountable for all work assigned
- Take initiative
- Minimum of three years’ experience as a legal administrative assistant
- Successful completion of a community college level Legal Assistant / Law Clerk program
- Handle the time pressure situations and stress of multiple demands
- Flexibility to the changing demands of the job
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office suite of applications
- Self-motivated to work quickly and efficiently
- Ability to multitask and manage a high volume of emails and work requests with a strong emphasis on accuracy
- Organized and meticulous with detail
- Strong ability to navigate Nuance PDF
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Good judgement and decision making
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills
Why You Should Apply:
- Opportunities for growth and on the job training and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- We pride ourselves on being a mid-sized firm with a family feel
- Active involvement in our community with opportunities to volunteer
- Mentor program
- Wellness programs
Please note that our vaccination policy has been suspended at this time.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon a criminal background check.
We will review applications as they are received and all applications will be kept on file. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Aird & Berlis LLP is committed to providing equal access to employment. If you require accommodation, please contact [email protected] and we will work with you to provide accessibility support.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: From $1.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5J 2T3
Application deadline: 2023-10-02