In less than a decade, Magnum became one of the leading solutions for primary and remedial cementing services in North America. Now poised to also serve our customers’ soil stabilization, vac and water, and downhole tool needs, Magnum is well-positioned to provide expertise in all the services that we offer.
Reporting to the Station Manager, the Downhole Tool Hand is responsible for assisting in the day to day operations and supervision of the tool assembly service line, as well as preparing and deploying Magnum’s downhole tool product line in the field. This position is considered to be a safety-sensitive position.
- Prepare and deploy Magnum’s downhole tool product line in the field.
- Manage and mentor personnel, equipment, and materials to ensure they arrive at location on time.
- Ensure efficient handling of day-to-day operations. Assist in the supervision of tool assembly.
- Manage the deployment of the downhole components and the tallies associated.
- Aid in preparing tool manuals for field delivery.
- Conduct pre-job preparation, which includes bin spotting, rigging in on location, calculations, and job timing communication.
- Communicate effectively with clients and internally with other departments, including Sales and Dispatch, to ensure smooth field delivery. This includes ensuring proper delivery of casing, casing components, cement, and other required materials.
- Participate and assist in facilitating training and information sessions on Magnum’s Isolation Technologies service line to both Operations personnel and customers, as applicable.
- Provide technical assistance and troubleshooting to On Site Representatives (OSR).
- Develop and maintain strong external/internal client relationships in support of company values and objectives.
- Problem-solve and troubleshoot customer issues as they are raised.
- Assist with inventory management.
- Support field sales, as required.
- Implement and maintain procedures to ensure high level of service.
- Adhere to and enforce company Safety policies and ensure compliance with HSE legislation.
- Directly support management in ongoing field initiatives and improving policy and procedures.
- Aid in creating and updating field procedures that will be utilized by the Field Operations team in the operation or installation of downhole tools.
- Learn about new technologies and applications applicable to Magnum. Listen to field feedback for opportunities to examine new completions technology that could be development by Magnum.
- Gather pertinent product information and maintain an archive accessible by Sales and Operations personnel.
- Assist the Quality Assurance/Quality Control (QA/QC) department in accordance with Magnum’s guidelines. Review and sign off on the caliper sheets and other QA/QC processes, as required.
- Participate in training and development activities, as required.
- Other related duties as required.
Qualifications - Required
- Existing hands-on experience with completions and downhole tools equipment.
- Working knowledge and familiarity with tubing, drill pipe and casing threads, and materials and mechanical properties.
- Technical knowledge of downhole hydraulics, tubing movement (force analysis), metallurgy, and elastomer selection processes.
- Able to be on call 24 hours on a 15 days on a 6 days off rotational schedule, remaining fit for duty at all times (subject to change due to market conditions).
- Physically capable of moving/lifting heavy objects up to 23 kg., bending, standing, gripping, sitting/driving, walking, and climbing repeatedly for extended periods.
- Able to work outdoors for extended periods of time and in all types of weather conditions when conducting field visits.
- Able to be on-call, work overtime, and travel.
- Able to work in congested or confined areas, and with exposure to loud noises and vibration.
- Legally eligible to work in the country the role is based out of.
Qualifications - Looking For
- Experience with production and completion systems, as well as liner installations.
- Demonstrated leadership, training, and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to prioritize work with little direction.
- Strong multi-tasking ability, often handling time sensitive scheduling issues.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to consult operationally with both customers and personnel.
- Excellent customer service and spoken and written communication skills.
- Good computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio) and other software, as required.
Qualifications - Assets
- On Site Representative (OSR) experience.
- Ability to function well under pressure.
- Oil and Gas cementing services experience and industry knowledge, including an understanding of cement pumpers and bulk trucks, and an in-depth knowledge of cementing operations and cement blends.
Magnum Services is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate, support, and thrive on diversity, and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Please note that this position will remain open until a successful candidate is found. While all candidates are welcome to apply, only those who appear to meet the requirements of our available roles will be contacted.