As a CPA Student looking to build your career, look no further than Baker Tilly HMA LLP! We’ll support your development as an accountant every step of the way, providing you the real life experience you need to become an accredited CPA.
Baker Tilly and its predecessor firm have been providing professional services across Manitoba since 1957. In that time, the firm’s contingent has grown significantly and we are proud to have built a group of talented, ambitious professionals who are passionate about what we do and committed to exceeding the expectations of clients.
Our client base is exceptionally diverse and includes local owner-managed businesses, not-for-profit organizations, governments, professionals and individuals. We have industry experience in Indigenous services, automotive dealerships, medical professionals, legal professionals, insurance brokerages, not-for-profits, hospitality and tourism, real estate, construction, retail and others.
We have strong community roots and believe in providing our clients with high quality personalized services. Our success depends upon attracting, developing and retaining strong professionals and clients. Baker Tilly will help you achieve more than what you thought possible.
Under the supervision of partners and management personnel:
- Fill an important role in the completion of assurance engagements for a variety of clients directly performing audit procedures using established processes
- Review client information and prepare query lists for managers
- Assist with the completion of personal and corporate income tax returns
- Prepare client files in a paperless environment
- A variety of basic analysis on client files as directed by management
- Grow your knowledge and professional skill set
- Post-secondary education in Accounting or Business
- Eligibility for PEP or PREP
- A base level of accounting experience/knowledge
- Good written and verbal communication skills with individuals at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team setting
- An awareness of, or experience with accounting software is an asset
- Good Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Excel