Position: Jr Accounting Clerk, Head Office
Toptable Group has defined elegant yet approachable dining through the passion and commitment of its renowned restaurants, award-winning chefs, wine directors, and dedicated staff members. Toptable is a rapidly growing hospitality company with a current portfolio of 14 restaurants operating in Vancouver, Whistler, Victoria, and New York.
Toptable is rapidly expanding and with our growth we require dedicated individuals to support our operations teams to continue with the level of excellence that we are known for.
Although this is an entry level position, the ideal candidate will have previous office experience, preferably in an accounting environment focusing on accounts payable and general accounting. At Toptable, we are looking for a collaborative team player that possess excellent oral and written communications skills while they represent the finance team when supporting our restaurants, vendors and employees. The successful candidate must be comfortable with excel and spreadsheets and have a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail. This position is full-time in our offices from Monday to Friday.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Review, code and enter AP invoices and expense reports
- Prepare and code bank deposits
- Reconcile, code and process credit card statements
- Respond to vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Assist with review of food & beverage invoices
- Preparation of payment runs
- Assist with other tasks as required
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Sound knowledge of basic accounting systems, including proficiency with MS Office applications
- A team player attitude with excellent communication, problem-solving, and interpersonal skills
- Solid data entry skills along with a knack for numbers, high degree of accuracy, and attention to detail
- Self-starter with effective organizational and time management skills
- Proven ability to work in a high-pressured environment under strict time deadlines
This position will remain open until filled.