Junior Legal Assistant
Our client, a well established and highly regarded law firm is adding to its team. They are seeking a professional and energetic Legal Assistant with 1+ years of experience in litigation. They will also consider a candidate with some law firm legal experience who has a real interest in learning this area of law This is a full time permanent role
In this position, the duties and responsibilities will include supporting the lawyers in the office with respect to:
- Assisting with litigation matters including court/tribunal filings, drafting, conducting legal research etc.
- Communicating with clients, counsel, and court officials
- Attending meetings and taking notes
- Assisting with billing and accounting
- Drafting and sending correspondence
- Assisting with travel arrangements
- Delivering and picking up documents
- Managing lawyers’ calendars
A very generous starting salary of 60k is offered along with a comprehensive benefit package.
- A strong understanding of legal terminology
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good computer skills (preferably experience with Office 365 and Windows 10, as well as iManage)
- The ability to prioritize work and complete it in a timely manner
- Strong attention to detail
- Good writing and conversational skills
- Familiarity with court registries
- A Legal Assistant or Law Clerk Certificate/Diploma required & University degree would be considered an asset but is not a requirement
Interested candidates should apply today! We thank all applicants for their interest in this role however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Thank you for your interest in Linds & Associates Ltd.