Putting people first, every day
BDO is a firm built on a foundation of positive relationships with our people and our clients. Each day, our professionals provide exceptional service, helping clients with advice and insight they can trust. In turn, we offer an award-winning environment that fosters a people-first culture with a high priority on your personal and professional growth.
Our technology team, BDO Lixar, brings 20+ years of experience providing end-to-end technology and modern workplace solutions in data & AI, cloud & cyber, and business & customer-facing applications. Our team of 500 technology professionals is expanding our data-driven services from coast-to-coast and beyond, to help our clients adapt, adopt, and grow.
We're looking for a Power Platform Developer to join the Lixar team and own the following responsibilities:
- As a Power Platform Developer, you will be responsible for developing applications using Microsoft Power Platform components, such as Power Apps, Power Automate and Power Virtual Agents, among others.
- Assess suitability for solutions in Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate, Power BI) and Microsoft 365
Utilize problem-solving skills to understand client pain points and troubleshoot as challenges arise.
Applying Power Apps including an in-depth understanding of customization, configuration, security, integration, and extensibility, as well as boundaries and constraints
- Following best practices for building and packaging Power Platform components.
Work directly with clients to collecting and identifying functional requirements as well as support various projects and solutions.
- Responsible for developing and testing Power Platform components.
- Responsible for installation and configuration of data gateways.
- Development of Azure logic apps and Azure functions to extend the Power Platform capabilities.
Provide architecture, configuration, administration, and functional support to expand capabilities in Microsoft 365.
Design end-to-end solutions that improve collaboration, productivity, and knowledge sharing.
- Identify areas and processes where Microsoft 365, Office 365, and SharePoint can be better leveraged and facilitate process improvement.
- Ability to create custom connectors for Microsoft Power Automate.
- A typical day of a Power Platform Developer involves understanding the business and its challenges, functionally outlining a solution to the identified use cases and then developing an app using Power Platform, also working with the development team when additional developments, including in Dataverse, SQL, Azure, are necessary.
How do we define success for your role?
- You demonstrate BDO's core values through all aspect of your work: Integrity, Respect and Collaboration
You understand your client
- 's industry, challenges, and opportunities; clients describe you as positive, professional, and delivering high quality work
- You identify, recommend, and are focused on effective service delivery to your clients
- You share in an inclusive and engaging work environment that develops, retains & attracts talent
- You actively participate in the adoption of digital tools and strategies to drive an innovative workplace
- You grow your expertise through learning and professional development.
Your experience and education
- You have at least 5 years of professional experience.
- Excellent customer-facing, communication, and presentation skills.
Experience utilizing Microsoft Power Platform â
- “ Power Apps, Power Automate, Dataverse and Power Virtual Agents, Dataverse
- Experience using data connectors, limits and Dataverse security model (Role Levels, Record ownership).
- Experience with building Power Automate Desktop flows.
- is an asset
- Experience working with SharePoint Online and MS Teams, and utilizing Power Apps and Power Automate to extend SharePoint functionality.
- Understanding of Power Platform licensing model and limits.
- Experience with customizing D365 and building Model driven apps is an asset
- Experience with using SPFX, React and typescript is an asset
Preferred Certifications: Power Platform Developer Associate.
Our people-first approach to talent has earned us a spot among Canada's Top 100 Employers for 2023 . This recognition is a milestone we're thrilled to add to our collection of awards for both experienced and student talent experiences.
Our firm is committed to providing an environment where you can be successful in the following ways:
We enable you to engage with how we change and evolve, being a key contributor to the success and growth of BDO in Canada.
We help you become a better professional within our services, industries, and markets with extensive opportunities for learning and development.
We support your achievement of personal goals outside of the office and making an impact on your community.
Giving back adds up: Where company meets community. BDO is actively involved in our communities by supporting local charity initiatives. We support staff with local and national events where you will be given the opportunity to contribute to your community.
Total rewards that matter: We pay for performance with competitive total cash compensation that recognizes and rewards your contribution. We provide flexible benefits from day one, and a market leading personal time off policy. We are committed to supporting your overall wellness beyond working hours and provide reimbursement for wellness initiatives that fit your lifestyle.
Everyone counts: We believe every employee should have the opportunity to participate and succeed. Through leadership by our Chief Inclusion and Diversity Officer, we are committed to a workplace culture of respect, inclusion, and diversity. We recognize and celebrate the valuable differences among each of us, including race, religious beliefs, physical or mental disabilities, age, place of origin, marital status, family status, gender or gender identity and sexual orientation. If you require accommodation to complete the application process, please contact us .
Flexibility: All BDO personnel are expected to spend some of their time working in the office, at the client site, and virtually unless accommodations or alternative work arrangements are in place.
Our model is a blended approach designed to support the flexible needs of our people, the firm and our clients. It's about creating work experiences that meet everyone's needs and providing flexibility to adjust when, where and how we work to meet the expectations of our role.
Ready to make your mark at BDO? Click "Apply now" to send your up-to-date resume to one of our Talent Acquisition Specialists.
To explore other opportunities at BDO, check out our careers page .