ASSOCIATE LAWYER (2+ YEARS)
(AREAS OF PRACTICE: FAMILY LAW; INSURANCE LITIGATION; CORPORATE/COMMERICAL; REAL ESTATE; WILLS AND ESTATES)
We are looking for an associate lawyer to grow and enhance their legal career with our firm within Windsor, Ontario who has a commitment to exceeding client expectations and providing legal services with integrity and diligence.
Our firm has been rooted in this community since 1887 and is distinguished by our comprehensive legal services across a variety of practice areas, including, family law, wills and estates, commercial/civil litigation, insurance defence, employment law, corporate law, real estate, and administrative law. Our strong reputation is grounded with a mission statement we stand by, Trusted Advisors, Inspired Solutions.
Bartlet & Richardes LLP is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion.
The skills and qualifications we are looking for in a successful candidate are:
· License to practice law in Ontario and in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
· Minimum of 2 years of experience as a lawyer working in a law firm
· Strong attention to detail and accuracy
· Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize tasks
· Dependable with a commitment to the highest standards of legal practice, client service, and community involvement
· Eager and capable of learning new areas of law and taking on new tasks
· Proficient research, analytical, writing and communication skills
· Ability to manage a diverse caseload and multitask effectively
Some of the key responsibilities that will be involved with this position are:
· Providing legal counsel to clients
· Handling legal matters at all milestones of a file from intake to conclusion
· Preparing a variety of legal documentation
· Conducting comprehensive legal research and providing sound advice
· Supervising tasks assigned to staff and paralegals
· Working cooperatively as a team but also working efficiently independently
· Fostering relationships with clients, associates, staff and our resource providers
Candidates that are interested in this opportunity can provide their CV and cover letter directly to our Managing Partner, Jennifer McKim, by:
Email: [email protected]
Mail or drop-off: BARTLET & RICHARDES LLP
Attention: Jennifer L. McKim, Managing Partner
2565 Ouellette Avenue, Suite 100, Windsor, Ontario, N8X 1L9
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted and all applications will be held with strict confidence.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity with our firm.
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Work Location: In person