Virgin Hickman is a proven leader in all matters of litigation. We specialize in family law, personal injury, insurance defense, estate litigation, and civil litigation & appeals. We are well-known for our unflagging work ethic and tactical proficiency, while promoting a professional, supportive and engaging environment to our team. We are currently seeking an experienced Sr. Legal Administrative Assistant to join our team.
- Schedule discoveries, mediations, trials, appointments, and maintain calendars
- Organize files and other file related materials
- Draft standard letters, documents briefs, and pleadings
- Interact with clients by phone and in person
- Filing documents with the court registry
- Drafting pleadings
- Filing deadlines
- Maintaining filing system including a BF system
- Other related duties as required
Our ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Legal Administrative Assistant certificate/diploma from a recognized institution
- 3 to 5 years LAA experience working in a law firm in areas such as insurance defense, civil litigation, family law, and estate litigation
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational skill
Why work with us
At Virgin Hickman, we know that our professionals could not continue to exceed our clients’ expectations without the capability, commitment, and professionalism of our team members. We value hard work and dedication to the team, which is rewarded by offering an annual education and tuition reimbursement, competitive salaries, the opportunity to continue working in a hybrid model, a generous extended health benefits package and numerous opportunities for personal and professional growth.
Our extended health benefit package includes, but is not limited to, 100% paid extended health and dental benefits, as well as access to a substantial flexible spending account (Health/Lifestyle/RRSP), personal days, monetary incentive for employee referrals and an employee assistance program.
Virgin Hickman has a collaborative, team environment where we value individual experience, exceptional communication skills, and the ability to adapt and excel in a fast-paced environment. We thrive on an engaging culture which acknowledges hard work and dedicated people. We believe our success is built on our diverse workplace with individuals unique backgrounds, qualities and characteristics. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we foster a work environment that's inclusive as well as diverse, where our people can be themselves.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Only candidates living in the lower mainland will be considered.
Background and reference checks will be required.