Who We Are:
Aird & Berlis LLP is a prominent Canadian business law firm located in the heart of Toronto’s financial district, across from Union Station. With over 220 lawyers, business advisors and patent agents, we serve clients across Canada and globally.
What We Believe In:
The firm is committed to ensuring that all members of the Aird & Berlis LLP community feel valued, respected and supported. We are a dedicated group of diverse individuals who care about each other, the work we produce and the client service we provide. We go to great lengths to foster a professional, supportive environment for all firm members so you can focus on the important things: client service, your career and your life.
What We Are Looking For:
This exciting opportunity is strongly suited for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced environment. This position will work closely with their principals to meet our clients’ needs. The successful candidate will work for two Partners and one Associate in our litigation group.
- Assist in the preparation and completion of various commercial and employment litigation documentation such as motion records, pleadings (Superior Court, Court of Appeal, Small Claims Court, and Human Rights Tribunal of Ontario), notices, affidavits, affidavits of documents, bill of costs, cost outlines, writs of seizure and sale, correspondence
- Assist in the preparation of employee handbooks, offers of employment, and termination notices
- Communicate professionally with all internal and external clients, as well as with various court and tribunal offices and opposing counsel(s)
- Handle administrative details with respect to accounting, opening and closing files, docketing, billing, etc.
- Calendar management including arranging meetings
- The ability to be flexible to the changing demands of the job
- Produce the highest quality of work
- Accountable for all work assigned
- Takes initiative
- Minimum of five years’ Litigation legal experience
- Previous experience with Caselines
- Successful completion of a post-secondary level legal assistant or law clerk course
- Superior knowledge of various courts and the Rules of Civil Procedure
- Strong technical skills using MS Office and ACL (Automated Civil Litigation)
- Extremely organized and meticulous with follow-up and detail and in dealing with matters containing voluminous documents and urgent turn around
- Ability to take initiative and problem solve
- Client service oriented
- Ability to problem solve
- Strong interpersonal skills
Why You Should Apply:
- Opportunities for growth and on the job training and development
- Competitive compensation and benefits package
- We pride ourselves on being a mid-sized firm with a family feel
- Active involvement in our community with opportunities to volunteer
- Mentor program
- Wellness programs
Please note that we have suspended our vaccination policy at this time.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon a criminal background check.
We will review applications as they are received and all applications will be kept on file. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Aird & Berlis LLP is committed to providing equal access to employment. If you require accommodation, please contact [email protected] and we will work with you to provide accessibility support.