Credit Risk Analyst
REV Capital is seeking a Credit Risk Analyst to play a pivotal role in maintaining the financial stability and growth of our organization through meticulous credit assessment and risk management practices. The Credit Risk Analyst will report into the Director of Credit and Underwriting, and collaborate with cross-functional teams.
About REV Capital:
REV Capitalis the leading provider of full-service factoring services in Canada and the United States, with eight offices across North America! We support thousands of businesses with invoice management, credit underwriting, and collection services. By offering dedicated support and transparent access to the factoring process, we help our clients grow their operations, maintain their competitive edge, and become leaders in their industries.
When you join REV Capital, you will join a growing team of over 100 professionals assisting clients with the success of their business each day! With a passion for helping others, a focus on diversity and inclusivity, and a flexible environment to grow both professionally and personally, there is no limit to where you can take your career. Ready to take the next step?
- Process and adjudicate the debtor credit requests and inquiries on a timely basis, within the delegated credit authority, and pursuant to company credit policies.
- Conduct comprehensive risk assessments of potential clients, analyzing financial statements, credit histories, and industry trends to determine creditworthiness.
- Coordinate with external credit reporting agencies on data collection, sharing, and validation.
- Perform routine review of existing debtors' credit limits, balance, aging spread, and payment patterns.
- Identify and escalate emerging risk issues to the Director of Credit and Underwriting, and other relevant stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain regular reports and dashboards to provide insights into portfolio performance, credit quality, and risk exposure.
- Design and implement risk mitigation strategies, such as credit limits, collateral requirements, no-buy status, and recourse provisions, to minimize potential losses.
- Conduct training sessions to ensure the team's understanding of evolving risk management practices and methodologies.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including Client Relations, Collections, Data, Legal, and Sales, to make informed credit decisions aligned with the company's risk appetite.
- Partner with the Client Management team to address fraud prevention and optimal risk management practices.
- Identify and manage delinquent accounts, contributing to the overall financial well-being of the organization.
- Investigate debtor account disputes and billing discrepancies, and respond to credit inquiries from external and internal stakeholders.
- Handle and oversee flow of debtor credit tickets on the FactorSoft platform.
- Assist with ad hoc requests as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Economics, Business Administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of credit and underwriting experience.
- B2B background with experience in generating credit risk reports through the utilization of credit agencies, such as D&B and Equifax.
- Strong understanding of financial statements, credit analysis techniques, and risk assessment methodologies.
- Proficiency in using risk management software, data analysis tools, and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills, with the ability to synthesize complex information and provide actionable insights.
- Effective communication and presentation skills, with the ability to convey complex concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Proven track record of making sound credit decisions and managing risk in a fast-paced environment.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate across departments and with various individuals.
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, customer-oriented, dynamic environment, and deal with multiple and often changing priorities.
- Nice to have: Fraud analysis experience, factoring knowledge, and transportation industry experience
What We Offer:
- Employer matching RRSP – DPSP program
- Competitive compensation plan
- Flexible work schedule
- Growth and development opportunities
- Excellent ext5ended medical, dental, and vision benefits plan that is 100% employer paid
Let your journey at REV Capital begin!
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Woodbridge, ON L4L 8E3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- credit and underwriting: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person