BlueCat is one of those hidden gems that is disrupting the market as a key player in the rapidly growing space of Adaptive DNS. We harness the power of DNS to provide secure, centralized network infrastructure to some of the world’s biggest brands so that employees can access the computing resources they need, when they need it.
BlueCat has an award-winning culture that is embedded in what we do. We are certified as a Great Place to Work and joining our team would mean that you are part of Canada's Best Workplace in Technology, Best Workplace for Today's Youth and Women, and Best Workplace for Mental Health and Inclusion.
We are seeking a highly experienced and knowledgeable VP, General Counsel to join our organization as a key member of our team. As the VP, General Counsel, you will be responsible for overseeing all legal, statutory, and compliance matters for our global SaaS company, BlueCat Networks. Reporting directly to the CFO and working closely with the C-Suite, you will provide strategic legal advice and counsel to drive business objectives while managing legal risks.
- Manage the legal aspects of complex commercial and technology matters, including drafting and negotiating contracts with customers and suppliers.
- Provide business-focused legal advice on technology transactions, such as SaaS, software licensing, software development, and services-related agreements.
- Establish and update digital agreement forms, conduct legal research, and analyze and summarize relevant legal matters.
- Offer practical advice and recommendations to internal stakeholders on day-to-day legal issues, ensuring compliance with the company's risk tolerance and internal policies.
- Identify legal risks and develop mitigation plans to protect the company's interests.
- Support M&A activity, entity set-ups, reorganizations, financings and other transformative initiatives, including management of the due diligence process and assisting with post-acquisition integration activities.
- Support data protection programs, patents, trademarks, and corporate governance.
- Stay up-to-date with relevant laws and regulations, including the Federal Acquisition Regulation, and make informed legal decisions.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and external partners to enhance the company's legal operations and provide added value.
- Supervise an internal international team, optimizing their skills and expertise to meet company and business needs.
- Coordinate with outside legal counsel, the Board of Directors, and executive leadership on legal processes and negotiations.
- Negotiate with external parties on contractual matters, employment issues, compliance, and legal disputes.
- Ensure compliance with international and local statutory regulations and laws, managing the legal entity structure of the company and its subsidiaries.
- Master's Degree in Law and/or Juris Doctor degree.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in a top-tier law firm, corporate legal department, or SaaS/software industry.
- Expertise in intellectual property rights and familiarity with relevant laws and practices.
- M+A experience and a demonstrated ability to manage complex corporate structuring, and scaling companies while ensuring compliance with internal policies and industry regulations.
- Business-minded individual with a commercial mindset.
- Proven ability to work under tight deadlines and deliver results.
- Creative problem-solving skills and a collaborative team player.
- Excellent advocacy and interpersonal skills.
We’ve got you covered:
Our benefits cover your health, wealth, and wellness—as well as a great work environment, employee programs, and a great company culture. We have a strong culture and live our values every day. We believe in transparency, curiosity, respect, and above all, have fun.
Speaking of a great work environment, here are just a few of the perks for you to enjoy!
Professional Development Budget
Wellness Days + Wellness Week
Lifestyle Spending Account
Employee Recognition Program
If you’re as excited about the future of our company as we are, we would love to hear from you!
BlueCat is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. BlueCat will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.