DIGITAL EVIDENCE MANAGEMENT CLERK
Posting #2023 - 050
Salary Range: Schedule 5E $60,190 to $70,812 per annum (As of January 1, 2022)
Primary Job Location: Central Police Station, 155 King William Street, Hamilton, ON
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday, from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Under the direction of the Information Management Supervisors, the Digital Evidence Management (DEMS) Clerk will prepare redacted copies of digital evidence for disclosure to the Court and for release through the Freedom of Information (FOI) process.
Duties, but not limited to
- Prepare, redact as appropriate and apply MFIPPA exemptions to digital evidence records, and for release to the requester.
- Prepare, redact as appropriate digital evidence records pursuant to court order and for crown disclosure.
- Communicate with internal members regarding submitting digital evidence and access and disclosure activities (e.g. IT, Records, FOI, Niche etc.).
- Assist in the development and delivery of training sessions (e.g. redaction processes, FOI etc.), when necessary and as directed or requested.
- Maintain a comprehensive filing and tracking system for requests for disclosure.
- Review access to information requests, and determine location of and responsibility for relevant records within the Digital Evidence Management System (DEMS).
- Perform CONSTABLE, Niche, iNet Viewer, ICON and Laserfiche queries, as needed.
- Provide backup relief to the FOI Analyst in their absence, as directed.
Education & Experience
- Minimum Grade 12, or the equivalent.
- Minimum of six (6) months of previous office experience providing clerical and/or administrative services.
Skills & Competencies
- Ability to utilize a personal computer, including accurate keyboarding skills – minimum 35 words per minute (wpm.)
- Demonstrated general office skills (e.g. basic office skills/reading comprehension, numeracy, spelling, grammar, filing, data entry, copying/comparing information, proofreading, etc.)
- Proficient with Microsoft (MS) Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Maintain a working knowledge of the Municipal Freedom of Information & Protection to Privacy Act (MFIPPA), as well as relevant Orders issued by the Information and Privacy Commissioner's Office.
- Maintain a working knowledge of internal Release of Information Guidelines.
- Excellent organization/planning skills needed to meet pre-determined timelines.
- Flexibility and ability to manage several tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to make decisions within the scope of job responsibilities/duties.
- Ability to produce accurate work, with attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, and/or independently, when required.
- If you are looking for the full list of duties, please refer to the Job Description
If you are interested in this position, please submit your application (i.e. cover letter and resume) to the
City of Hamilton Careers website (https://www.hamilton.ca/city-council/jobs-city) before 11:59 PM on June 21, 2023.
The Hamilton Police Service is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes.
If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation for testing, interview, or employment purposes.
We thank all applicants, however, only those candidates selected for testing and/or an interview will be contacted.