YOU WILL NEVER GET BORED AT TEPPERMAN'S!
We are a dynamic, high-energy retailer that is currently in its 3rd generation of family ownership. We sell furniture, mattresses, appliances, electronics, and home accents to a diverse customer base in Southwestern Ontario. It is a unique and highly personal business - family-owned and not part of a nationwide chain.
We encourage long term staff relationships by providing fulfilling opportunities in a casual, balanced and respectful work environment.
Why Choose Us?
We believe in creating lasting relationships with our employees, built on our core values of Trust, Respect, Family, Teamwork, Passion and Innovation. And our employees would agree, having selected us as a Great Place to Work through the annual survey measuring Employee attitudes at Tepperman’s.
Here’s a look at what makes us A Great Place to Work:
90% Agreed “This is a physically safe place to work”
88% Agreed “People here are treated fairly regardless of their gender.”
92% Agreed “People here are treated fairly regardless of their sexual orientation”.
84% Agreed “I feel good about the way Tepperman’s contributes to environmental sustainability.”
81% Agreed “My manager is approachable, easy to talk with.”
And You? You are a detail-oriented and computer savvy individual with a passion for great customer service. You're looking for a team environment with other dedicated and talented individuals, and a career where you can grow and contribute to our overall success. You've been searching for a place to apply yourself, where the culture and the company embrace technological change and continuous learning.
Join Our Team Today!
Why work at Teppermans?
- Attractive benefits package
- Professional development opportunities
- Generous employee pricing and discounts
- Paid vacation, holidays, and more
- Company-matched pension plan
Tepperman’s is a business built on the same foundation as a strong family - loyalty, respect, accountability, and integrity. We work hard to build a brand people can trust and rely on for all of their home furnishing needs.
We draw from nearly 100 years of our rich heritage, to create new ways to meet the ever-changing needs of our employees and customers.
This is a remote role.
WHAT YOU WILL BE ACCOMPLISHING IN THE ROLE
- Collaborating with various departments and personnel to analyze business needs, document business requirements, and assess technology solutions to resolve growing intelligence and analytical needs
- Execute and deliver continuous improvement programs for all data management, business intelligence and business analytics processes
- Understand and evaluate business processes and assist stakeholders in creating business requirements by assisting in defining business problems and data needs.
- Translate business requirements into specifications that will be used to implement innovative solutions including required reports and dashboards.
- Design, develop, test and support operational reporting and/or dashboard solutions.
- Facilitate the resolution of data management issues, such as conflicting data ownership, data provision, data definitions and data usage.
- Assist in implementation of, and transition to, NetSuite including defining data needs, data migration, advising on business processes, design and developing dashboards and business reports.
- Assist in implementation of business intelligence technologies including predictive analytics to make better business decisions, take informed actions, and implement more efficient business processes.
WHAT YOU'LL NEED TO SUCCEED
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or other related field (Having a master’s degree in not necessary, but considered an asset)
- Having a master’s degree is not necessary, but considered an asset
- Minimum 3 years' experience as a BI developer, business analyst or database administrator
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working with databases and developing complex queries, stored procedures, and functions using technologies such as:
- SQL Server, TSQL, OracleDB, PostgreSQL
- Experience with enterprise business intelligence and information processing such as data integration, reporting and analysis with the following technologies:
- Microsoft SSMS, Microsoft SSRS, Oracle SQL Developer, NetSuite, NetSuite NSAW
Skills and Abilities
- General IT Knowledge and project management skills and related tools
- Possess advanced knowledge in using desktop and collaboration software such as Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel), Microsoft Project, Google Drive, etc.
- Strong understanding of ETL, data warehousing and big data principles: logical and physical
- Strong Knowledge of business intelligence reporting tools (e.g. Microsoft Power BI, NetSuite NSAW, etc.)
- Experience within the Oracle NetSuite Cloud environment an asset
- Advanced analytical skills and critical thinking
- Ability to work on multiple on-going projects with competing priorities
- Exceptional attention to detail is a must
- Results oriented
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong research and creative problem-solving skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills
Feel free to visit our website at www.teppermans.com/career to learn more!
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes. Please advise us, if you require an accommodation, and we will work with you to meet your needs.