Come Build a Better Financial Future for all Canadians
At Neo, we’re building a more rewarding financial experience for all Canadians.
Life at a rapidly expanding tech startup is demanding, exhilarating, and not for everyone…
From world-class creative minds to brilliant engineers, it's high-performing people that make Neo a workplace with passion and purpose.
Since being founded in 2019, Neo has built incredible traction and is one of the fastest growing fintechs in Canada.
- LinkedIn’s Top Startup in Canada for 2022 and 2023
- Top-ranked mobile apps and credit cards
- Team of 700+ people
- 1M+ customers in 3 years
- 11K+ retail partners
High Performance at Neo
We recruit, hire, and build our company culture around these attributes:
Teamwork: We trust, respect, encourage, and show up for each other — through good times and hard. We’re on this mission not just for ourselves, but also for the people we work with.
Ownership: We all have a stake in Neo’s success — so we go out of our way to do what needs to get done. We hold ourselves accountable to deliver on our commitments — to our customers, to our partners, and to our team. When we fall short, we find a way to do better in the future.
Professional Integrity: We’re asking millions of Canadians to trust us with their hard-earned money — so we hold ourselves (and each other) to the highest standards of integrity.
Neo Financial is looking for full-time Senior Fullstack Developers to join our team in Winnipeg.
As a Senior Full-Stack Developer, you will be collaborating with other talented devs; you’ll be a top code contributor and commit example-worthy code every day. You‘ll work on architecture, front-end (web) and back-end code while fostering best practices like agile, automated testing, code reviews, and continuous delivery.
At Neo, you get to own code quality and own projects from inception through to deployment. Our tech stack is built with a Microservices approach and includes TypeScript, Node, Serverless, GraphQL, React, MongoDB, and AWS - but we believe great developers can learn any tech stack.
What you'll be doing
- Develop code with Typescript, Node, Apollo GraphQL, MongoDB & more
- Create web-based interfaces and re-usable interface components with Typescript and React
- As a Senior developer, you’ll lead the way by taking on the hardest stories, features and bugs
- Ship a lot of code and be the example of what’s possible to other developers on the team
- Evolve a micro-services architecture by constantly implementing patterns and practices like idempotency, asynchronous communication, distributed transactions, & more
- Lead code reviews, API design reviews, or technical reviews of product stories with in-depth yet constructive criticism; give and take feedback
- Be vocal about efficiency and quality for yourself and your team; obsess over practices like Unit Testing, Continuous Delivery, or Refactoring
- Ensure solutions actually meet customer and business needs - not just minimum defined requirements
- Participate in community events, interviewing, and mentoring junior and intermediate developers
Who we're looking for
- Built multiple full-stack web projects that included both cutting edge technologies and complex business logic
- Led projects from start to finish, including design, architecture and development
- Strong knowledge of our tech stack (or similar technologies); excitement and personal drive to learn what you don’t know.
- Expert in > 1 programming language - preferably at least one dynamic/interpreted language
- Experience in performance optimization, scaling solutions and a strong knowledge of security best practices
- Familiarity with cloud-based infrastructure, specifically PaaS and SaaS based solutions
- Knowledge of the current tech ecosystem, state of the art trends, and announcements
- Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada and willing to relocate. Relocation packages and reimbursements are available
What will help you succeed
- Adaptable, high-achievers energized by a startup environment
- Team players who love being part of and leading an agile ecosystem
- Project owners who can engage with designers and stakeholders
- Always focused on the bigger picture, sees how the code could be used and scaled
- A mentor, leader, and strong communicator
Working at Neo
At Neo Financial, we're empowering people to accelerate their careers toward hyper-growth and helping them reach their full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects and collaborate with some of the brightest minds in the industry. We encourage our team members to take ownership of their work and to bring their unique ideas and perspectives to the table. Our dynamic and fast-paced environment allows for endless learning and advancement opportunities.
Check out these videos from our employees to learn more about Working at Neo.
Apply with us
We believe in equal opportunity, and are committed to creating an inclusive climate where everyone thrives. We’re a financial institution, so successful candidates for this position will be required to undergo a security screening, including a criminal records check and a credit check.