At MGBA, our team applies innovation, collaboration, and skill to produce high-quality spaces. With each project we take on, our team considers the needs of our clients and develops new ideas that deliver one-of-a-kind solutions.
The main office of our full-service Architecture and Interior Design firm is based in Vancouver with our talented staff located nationally to provide architectural and design services for the hospitality, mixed-use residential, retail, commercial, industrial, and institutional markets across Canada.
We are looking for a responsible Administration + Accounting Assistant to join our Vancouver office. This self-starter will perform a variety of administrative and accounting duties. They will be required to handle a variety of tasks in order to ensure that all interactions between the firm and others are positive and productive.
We offer an energetic and social work environment. As a member of our dynamic team you will have the opportunity to contribute to all aspects of the office through your on-going support of the firm and our people.
RESPONSIBILITIES you will have:
- Reception focused duties such as answering and directing phone calls; welcoming visitors, navigating couriers – and generally acting as a positive first point of contact for internal and external clients
- On-going maintenance of general office supplies, equipment and calendars
- A variety of accounting functions, such as processing customer invoicing and payments, staff expenses, sales reports and timesheets
- Provide day to day assistance of general tasks for your manager, the firm Partners and other team members as required
SKILLS we’re looking for:
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of Quickbooks Desktop is preferred
- Initiative, attention to detail, problem solving skills and follow-through
- Excellent time management, strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
QUALIFICATIONS you have:
- Legally permitted to work in Canada
- Minimum 1 to 2 years of demonstrated experience in Administration and/or Accounting
- High School degree; additional qualifications in Administration and/or Accounting are a bonus
- Reliable transportation; this role is performed onsite at our office
REWARDS + PERKS you will have access to:
- Comprehensive Benefits Plan
- Competitive base salary + discretionary bonus eligibility
- Generous time off allotment
- On-going role specific training
- Professional Development + Continuing Education subsidy (from conferences to lunch+ learns)
- Open invitation to our regular company events
- Dog friendly office
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $48,000.00-$54,000.00 per year