GlobeStar Systems is a leader in integrated clinical communication. Our cornerstone product, Connexall®, is an award-winning Enterprise grade IoT platform, purpose built for the healthcare industry. Connexall® is a sophisticated and customizable end-to-end integration and communication platform that helps its customers improve clinical workflow, reduce alarm fatigue, and drive better patient and staff outcomes.
Reporting to the Team Lead of Core and MobileConnex, the Software Developer will design, document, code, and support software modules within the core Connexall product suite. The successful candidate will work cross-functionally, participating in all aspects of the Software Development Life Cycle and ensuring adherence to our risk management frameworks.
· Participate in the full Software Development Life Cycle, working to help Connexall meet its corporate goals and objectives.
· Perform analysis of new product requirements, create design documentation, code, and conduct unit/integration testing of new software solutions.
· Produce quality code with a focus on stability, scalability, security, and maintainability.
· Test, troubleshoot, and fix front-end and back-end software production issues.
· Create and maintain development documentation, adhering to our ISO-13485 quality management system.
· Develop and maintain plans outlining steps and timetables for developing programs.
· Assist the Quality Assurance team with test case development.
· Collaborate with the Quality Assurance team to track bug reports, debug code, develop test plans, and close issues.
· Develop graphical end-user applications and tools as well as back-end applications/services.
· Validate that new features and/or modules developed integrate properly into the existing system.
· Maintain existing applications.
· Train end-users or technical support staff to use programs.
· Work alongside the Technical Support and Solutions Delivery Teams to troubleshoot and resolve client issues as needed.
· Identify and provide recommendations on solutions for gaps in business processes and systems.
· Other duties as required.
· A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field required.
· 3+ years of Delphi development and maintenance experience required.
· Experience working with regulatory frameworks (e.g., ISO 13485, IEC 62304, ISO 14971) considered an asset.
· Experience in or knowledge of the Healthcare industry considered an asset.
· Strong Experience with Embarcadero Delphi and Object-Oriented Programming techniques.
· Experience with SQL relational databases and syntax, preferably with one or more of DBISAM, ElevateDB, PostgreSQL or MS-SQL.
· Strong experience with Windows desktop and server development, including writing Windows GUI applications.
· Experience with .NET (Core) and Web APIs and Microservices considered an asset.
· Experience developing software applying all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
· Experience using formal source control management processes and tools (e.g., GIT).
· Familiarity with secure coding best practices (e.g., OWASP, CERT).
· Excellent oral and written communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks simultaneously under tight timelines and schedules.
· Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to find creative solutions to issues.
· Ability to work effectively individually or collaboratively in a dynamic, fast-paced, environment.
· Self-motivated with a strong attention to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Work from home
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON M3J 3E5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Delphi development and maintenance: 3 years (required)
Work Location: In person