Nijhawan McMillan & Conlon Barristers is seeking a Legal Assistant to join our team!
NM&C is a boutique litigation firm of four lawyers in downtown Halifax, Nova Scotia. We serve individual, corporate and institutional clients in the areas of civil litigation and administrative law. Our lawyers offer practical, goal-oriented advice and strategic counsel, in addition to litigation and dispute resolution services.
This is a part-time or full-time position, with flexible scheduling over four or five days.
· Preparing court filings for the Supreme Court of Nova Scotia;
· Proofreading all work for completeness, correct grammar, spelling, typographical and format errors;
· Maintaining organized electronic and paper files;
· Tracking receipts, preparing cheques to pay invoices, bank deposits;
· Scheduling appointments, managing boardrooms, arranging meetings, and maintaining accurate calendar activities;
· Arranging couriers and managing incoming and outgoing correspondence and documents;
· Greeting clients, answering phones and e-mails, and responding to inquiries from clients and potential clients;
· Photocopying and binding; and
· Assisting with general office tasks, maintenance, stocking supplies, and other related duties as required.
· Experience working in an office environment is required; experience in a legal or professional services setting preferred;
· Completion of legal assistant/paralegal or office administration program preferred;
· Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills with demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service;
· Capacity to take initiative and work independently;
· Strong organizational and time management skills, with ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment;
· Excellent technical skills, including proficiency with computer software packages (MS Office, Outlook, Adobe, document and client management systems); and
· Exceptional attention to detail.
Nijhawan McMillan & Conlon Barristers promotes a kind and respectful workplace and we welcome candidates from equity-seeking groups. Please submit your cover letter and resume in confidence to [email protected]. Please indicate your preference for part-time or full-time hours in your application. While we appreciate receiving all applications, only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Salary: $33,114.91-$55,208.02 per year
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: In person