Seeking an experienced Immigration Paralegal/Legal Assistant for a busy downtown immigration law firm. Must be well versed with computers, highly organized, and able to work well under pressure. Strong communication skills and exquisite attention to detail are essential.
Minimum 3+ years of immigration experience. A university degree/college diploma is required. Completion of a Canadian immigration consultant post-secondary program is an asset.
You will be working at one of Vancouver’s leading Immigration Law Firms: Sas & Ing – Immigration Law Centre. We are a boutique law firm practicing exclusively in immigration law. Our workplace is dynamic and fast-paced. We work with clients from all over the world and, as an Immigration Professional you will be working closely with our clients to help them achieve their immigration goals!
We are looking for somebody who is excited to work on interesting and diverse immigration applications and appeals. If you are keen to learn and work well with deadlines, this is the job for you!
· Assisting lawyers by corresponding with clients and other related parties.
· Assessment of client eligibility for permits and Express Entry
· Preparation of all types of immigration applications and assembling / supporting documentation.
· Assisting in filing and preparing applications for Federal Court, Immigration Appeals and Judicial Review applications.
· Drafting legal correspondence.
· General database management, file organization and preparation of invoices.
· Performing other tasks / administrative matters as requested.
The ideal candidate will possess the following credentials, experience, and qualities:
· Minimum of 3+ years of previous experience in a similar position.
· Completion of Canadian immigration consultancy program is an asset.
· Post Secondary education at college or university level, University / College Diploma or Degree.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
· Fluency in multiple languages is an asset.
· Excellent interpersonal skills and communication, high level of engagement on client files, combined with a high level of professionalism.
· Be proactive with an impeccable/exquisite attention to detail, meticulously detail orientated.
· Be highly familiar with the IRCC website and all types of immigration applications including: Express Entry, BC PNP, Self Employed, Family Class and Inland Spousal, Work and Study permit and Visitor Visa applications, Citizenship and PR Card applications.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
· Familiar with the IRCC portals.
· High proficiency in keyboarding, minimum typing speed of 60 words per minute.
Commensurate with experience.
Sas & Ing – Immigration Law Centre, Suite 1790 – 555 West Hastings Street, Vancouver, B.C. V6B 4N6, Canada
We are across the road from the Waterfront Sky Train station.
Full-time 40 hours per week – some overtime and weekend work may be required.
Job Type: Full-time, Permanent
Job Type: Permanent
Work Location: In person