The Sunnybrook Department of Medicine Association is currently recruiting for a Senior Administrative Assistant to support the Division of General Internal Medicine and the Integrated Community Program. You must have experience supporting a Division Head as well as other Division members.
Are you a Senior Administrative Assistant with at least five years of experience with two of those supporting a department or division head, preferably in a medical office or hospital? Do you have a passion for quality and can you juggle multiple priorities? If so, this might be the right role for you.
Our company is searching for an experienced, reliable and task-oriented Senior Administrative Assistant. The Senior Administrative Assistant will work directly with the Division Head and other Division members, and will be responsible for performing a number of administrative duties. The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing their workload and prioritizing tasks in a fast-paced hospital environment. This is an excellent opportunity to join a growing department with competitive compensation.
Senior Administrative Assistant Responsibilities
Responsibilities include; but are not limited to:
- Coordinate communications, including taking calls, responding to emails and interfacing with other Physicians and Divisions
- Schedule meetings and appointments
- Manage and maintain physician calendars
- Manage and maintain physician call rosters and communication related to these
- Coordinate activities with external partners
- Support the educational activities of the Division as pertain to medical students and residents
- Support physicians in their academic and research roles
- Prepare internal and external documents for team members and partners
- Arrange events to take place outside of the work place
- Maintain an organized filing system of paper and electronic documents
- Provide temporary coverage for a Divisional clinic during vacations/absences
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- College Diploma in a related discipline, or recognized equivalent, or a combination of education and experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with an ability to become familiar with hospital and university specific programs and software
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in administrative assistant role, with hospital experience preferred
- Strong organizational, time management and problem-solving skills with impeccable multi-tasking abilities, including responding to time-sensitive requests
- Exceptional communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills with ability to relate to and work well with a diverse group of individuals
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative and act independently using sound judgment as well as accepting direction
- Tact and discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential issues, and able to maintain strict confidentiality
Please note: This is Sunnybrook Department of Medicine “the Association” opportunity and not a Sunnybrook hospital opportunity.
We offer an excellent work environment with like-minded healthcare professionals, competitive compensation which includes a comprehensive benefit plan and excellent career development potential. We are looking forward to reviewing your application. If you are interested and qualified, please apply to our on-line application process. It will take approximately 10 minutes to complete the process and upload your resume.
We are committed to promoting accessible recruitment as outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. We will attempt to accommodate persons with a disability in an appropriate and effective manner throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Accommodations will be provided upon request