Job Title: Litigation Legal Assistant
Job #: 16292
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: Hybrid Remote Flexibility
Our client, a reputable firm is currently looking for a Litigation Legal Assistant. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- An international corporate law firm specializing business law.
- Recipient of a Greater Toronto’s Top Employers award.
- Conveniently located in Toronto’s Financial District!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing multiple lawyers and their practices by maintaining their calendars and emails;
- Arrange meetings, conference calls etc.;
- Assist in preparation for hearings/trials;
- Liaise with Billing Coordinators for the monthly production of accounts;
- Schedule examinations for discover, mediations and court appointments;
- Draft routine correspondence, pleadings and preparing motion records;
- Serve documents on opposing counsel;
- Prepare and maintaining a bring-forward system;
- Prepare legal documents;
- Maintain electronic filing system;
- Make travel arrangements;
- Entering and monitoring lawyers’ Continuing Professional Development (CPD) hours
- Any other duties as may be required.
- Law Clerk or Legal Assistant Diploma;
- 3+ years of experience as a Legal Assistant with Litigation;
- High proficiency in Microsoft (Word, Outlook and Excel) and InterAction, ACL and CMS;
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal;
- Ability to prioritize and meet urgent deadlines.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal; and
- Pro-active work ethic with attention to detail.
How To Apply:
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #16292in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.comfor new employment opportunities. #KNTLGL
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person