NURSE JOB DESCRIPTION:
Registered nurse who is accountable for the effective clinical management and delivery of care with patients and families.
We pride ourselves in individualized, consistent best practice and care for our patients.
We are seeking a highly motivated professional who excels in multitasking, thrives on continuous learning and most importantly is a team player with a desire to make this a career choice. Training will be provided for the committed person.
- Provide nursing care to all patients and their families through evidence-based practice in a collaborative interdisciplinary team environment. Nursing care includes starting administering medications (subcutaneous, intramuscular, oral), collecting blood, and patient education
- Assists physician with clinic procedures
- Recovery of patients post procedure conscious sedation
- Dispenses cycle medication and provides education
- Organizes and educates clients on treatment cycles
- Uses clinical judgement to provide support and counsel clients
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively within a multidisciplinary team environment
- Supporting women and families through the various decisions that may be required while exploring multiple treatment options
- Providing emotional support and grief counselling to women and families who are not successful in achieving pregnancy
- Utilizing Electronic Medical Record system to provide patient care
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively with patients/families and interdisciplinary colleagues
- Maintain standards of clinical practice as per the professional body of the Ontario College of Nurses
Education, Training and Experience:
- Baccalaureate Degree in nursing
- Previous work experience in a women’s health care setting is an asset
- Previous experience in fertility is an asset
- Current Certificate of Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (RN, in Good Standing)
- Current ACLS required (or willing to obtain)
- Willing to commit to a full-time schedule including weekends and on-call date
Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to teach and coach patients regarding treatment process.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team and develop professional relationships with community partners.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and written) effectively and compassionately with clients and their families.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to unexpected events, problem-solve, set priorities.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Ability to effectively use electronic medical record system.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position
Salary based on experience- Six month probation period applies.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $30.00-$32.00 per hour
Expected hours: 35 – 40 per week
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekends as needed
One Fertility Kitchener Waterloo takes health and safety seriously. We provide all staff with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and appropriate training and daily infection prevention screening of clients and workers to help prevent exposures to COVID-1
- Registered Nurse (RN) (required)
- CNO Registration (required)
Work Location: In person