Richter Office: Montreal
Richter is a Business | Family Office that provides strategic advice on business matters and on families’ financial and personal objectives across generations. With close to 100 years of experience advising at the intersection of family and business, Richter has developed an integrated approach to help business owners find sustainable success. Whether business, personal, or both, Richter is uniquely positioned to address the needs of Canada’s most successful entrepreneurs, private clients, business owners and business families and help them chart a clear path to shape their legacy for the future. Founded in 1926, Richter’s 600-person multidisciplinary team continuously innovates to create value for our people, clients, and community in Canada and in the US.
What we offer:
- The chance to become a strategic business partner with our clients, building relationships directly with entrepreneurs and businesses to provide them with meaningful advisory services;
- Investment in your continuing education and professional development through a variety of learning offerings and tuition reimbursement;
- The opportunity to develop your career with the direct support of your managers and firm partners; and
- A culture that values work-life balance and mental health and well-being.
Our firm has taken a fresh approach to these issues, offering a hybrid work environment with flexible hours and resources to support you in your personal journey.
A day in the life of a Senior Accounting Analyst:
- Prepare Compilation engagement and the financial information.
- Determine adjustments (accruals, amortization, etc.) for compilation engagement and financial information’s and propose accounting entries.
- Prepare financial statements for all companies in a related party group and ensure intercompany transactions and accounts are correctly recorded.
- Knowledge of accounting for investment companies
- Prepare and review T4/T5's, NR4, etc.
- Prepare personal, corporate, trust and partnership tax returns (T1, T2, T3, T5013).
- Assess and prepare foreign reporting requirements (T1134 and T1135)
- Assess compliance with sales tax (HST/GST/QST) and payroll regulations.
- Management Accounting
Assist clients on bookkeeping matters (best practices, accrual accounting, regulatory compliance,) in conjunction with year-end engagements.
Analyze client bookkeeping to ensure compliance with regulatory authorities (personal expenses, taxable income adjustments, payroll matters).
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- CPA title in progress
- Time management skills and deadline oriented
- Excellent team player
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Knowledge of CaseWare/CaseView, Write-Up and Taxprep, an asset)
- Knowledge of Quickbooks and Sage 50, an asset
What’s in it for you?
- Competitive group benefits which include group insurance, Health Spending Account, savings plans, and Employer Contribution Matching
- Employee and Family access to virtual healthcare network
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs, including consultations with mental health professionals
- Annual Health & Well-being Program
- Hybrid work Environment
- Competitive Performance Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Dues Reimbursement
- CFE leave financial support
- Academic Incentives
- Talent referral bonus
- Client referral bonus
- Access to an on-demand concierge nannying, babysitting, and tutoring service
- Annual employee rewards and recognition
We are excited to meet motivated professionals who are looking for career growth in a mid-sized family minded firm and have a strong background in building and fostering relationships. Sounds like you? Apply today!