By providing strategic, technology and operational services to clients in the legal, professional and financial services industries, our Contract Specialists are a highly talented group of professionals who offer a unique blend of Legal experience across a number of industries and disciplines. Our employees are our greatest competitive advantage. The Vendor Governance Solutions (VGS) team assists clients in procuring goods and services, reducing costs across a variety of areas, optimizing business processes and improving stakeholder value.
As a part of HBR Consulting’s VGS team, we will rely on you to work closely with project team members and client personnel, facilitating the review of vendor contracts, supporting negotiations with vendors to optimize terms and conditions, and adhering to VGS’ contracts administration process. We look to you both to mitigate risk and create value by developing contracts that meet or exceed the needs of our clients.
- Redline and edit contract language, suggest alternate terms based on the needs of the engagement/stakeholder and incorporating client-defined standards
- Review and provide feedback on vendors’ data privacy and data security language to ensure optimal protection for our clients
- Identify terms and conditions options, and/or carve-out strategies, to VGS personnel and client stakeholders to resolve contract negotiation roadblocks while limiting risk
- Liaise with in-house legal counsel in the review and final approval of initial contracts and renewals.
- Engage with department leaders to discuss upcoming contract renewals.
- Facilitate terms negotiation process and act as liaison between internal and external personnel throughout process including identifying points of escalation
- Communicate pertinent information in the Terms and Conditions of each contract to appropriate end users.
- Effectively manage pipeline of work including tracking status of reviews, providing proactive updates to stakeholders, timely follow up internal and external
- Manage administration of contracts - track, analyze, aggregate, and report necessary information, using our proprietary contract management technologyThis includes: Key milestones, incentives, notifications, commencement and expiration dates of agreements, support contact information, and collecting information to determine the Firm’s needs before negotiations.
- Act as key point of contact for any questions / needs regarding contracts.
- Develop and administer standard agreement templates including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Standard contracts, and Statements of Work.
- Support Vendor Governance processes including on/off boarding of vendors, risk management, and relationship management
- Maintain and facilitate proactive planning and contract management meetings with key stakeholders.
- Working knowledge of data privacy and data security laws (such as GDPR), and experience negotiating contractual language for said data laws, is required.
- Experience in reviewing UK and US contracts is desired.
- Proven ability to interpret complex policies and legal language, and assess business risk and help plan a risk mitigation approach.
- Ability to build collaborative relationships and effectively communicate (orally and written) with managers, internal clients, vendors, colleagues and support staff
- Demonstrates proactivity and takes ownership of daily responsibilities and projects, including contract administration
- Effective organizational skills in a multitasked environment
- Extremely responsive and customer-focused; appropriate follow-up and follow-through
- Commitment to superior quality and accuracy
- Willingness to learn and adapt to change
- Procurement sourcing experience or a history of negotiating with vendors a plus
Education + Experience Requirements
- Juris Doctor (JD) is required.
- 4+ years’ work experience in a professional service organization and related experience in contract development, redlining, legal terms review, negotiations, contract management
HBR Consulting LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, civil union status, national origin, ancestry, age, parental status, disabled status, veteran status, or any other legally protected classification, in accordance with applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $90,000.00-$170,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: Remote