ROLE: Plant Manager
REPORTS TO: VP Operations
LOCATION: Quebec Plant
We are looking for a Plant Manager to join our Soylutions team! The plant manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the plant as well as increasing production output and revenue. The PM will ensure that: all objectives are attained cost-effectively, all standards and quality requirements are upheld, and a culture of continuous improvement is maintained.
This is a very exciting time for the Soylutions team as we continue to grow and expand! The main challenge is to manage all functions involved in the processing plant by delegating responsibilities to leaders in production, warehouse, and maintenance. Altogether, this provides you with the opportunity to be in charge of a dynamic team and lead them to success by bringing forth your strong field expertise and amazing leadership skills.
Here is who you are…
DRIVE & MOTIVATION
· You deliver world-class manufacturing performance
· You enjoy solving production challenges in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
· You are guided by a People, Processes, and a Systems mindset
· You bring coherence and clarity in constant change through strategic planning
CHARACTER AND ABILITIES
· You are highly versatile and able to handle tasks with urgency, efficiency, and accuracy
· You are an excellent communicator who can inspire and build meaningful connections all across the board
· You are able to apply your strategic thinking to solving day-to-day issues as well as effectively planning for the future
· You have a strong aptitude for risk assessment and management
· You are able to lead and develop a high performing team
· You display a high level of safety awareness
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
· You manage your budget and Capex effectively
· You have implemented Health and Safety Programs and initiatives
· You have a strong understanding of Quality Management strategies and programs
· You are a reference in Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement
· You have implemented fundamental Maintenance & Reliability programs
· You have at least 10+ years or relevant experience working in a dairy facility or similar capacity
· You have experience building and managing high functioning teams
· You have a successful track record contributing to cost reduction strategies
· You have a Degree in Industrial Engineering, Finance, Operations or in a similar field
· You have a relevant Professional Designation (PEO, CMA, Lean, SMRP or other)
· Experience/education in lean manufacturing or Six Sigma
· Commitment to an ongoing professional development
things you will do…
· Accountable for production costs, labour utilization, yield, results of Operations Cost Improvement initiatives.
· Continuously improve the reduction of operating costs.
· Maintain and build a productive and positive employee relations environment through effective implementation of positive employee relations initiatives.
· Develops, recommends, and implements Capital Improvement for plant, including the preparation and execution of a Capital Plant budget.
· Responsible for preparing and executing the plant overhead budget, and direct product cost targets.
· Meet or exceed customer service level targets through the synchronization of process/activities with all functional area processes, from demand planning through to the delivery to the customer.
· Set and meet all Health and Safety targets.
· Safety, Collective Agreements, and other legislative bodies that impact plant performance.
· Responsible for adherence to all policies and procedures for Quality Assurance, Food Safety and customer specifications on a day to day basis.
· Recognize, support and commit to the facility food safety and quality assurance promise
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Québec, QC G3J 1Y7: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- plant management: 10 years (required)
- building and managing high functioning teams: 5 years (required)
- French (required)
- English (required)
Work Location: In person