$5,281.30 - $6,431 per month / $68,656.90 - $83,603.00 Annually (PR 14)
Full-Time Permanent (35 hours a week)
Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick/Family Leave, Health, Dental, and Defined Benefits Pension
Halifax with Flexible and Hybrid Work Arrangements
Nova Scotia Digital Service / Government of Nova Scotia
October 3rd, 2023 @ 11:59PM Atlantic Time
You’ll join the Service Design & Delivery (SDD) team where you’ll work with team members to support and improve software that is critical to delivering government programs and services. You’ll collaborate with Service Designers, Business Analysts, Project Managers, and other professionals to develop new products for a variety of initiatives across government. Within this role you’re expected to step into a strong team environment with excellent peer support.
- Translate business needs into technical requirements.
- Write, review, update, and debug code.
- Identify, refine, and estimate backlog items and technical debt.
- Develop secure custom applications, reusable components, and microservices.
- Integrate internal and external services and APIs.
- Build databases and access data through scripting.
- Contribute to technical documentation and architecture diagrams.
- Create test scripts and conduct quality assurance testing.
- Research, analyze and provide technical recommendations.
- Provide technical support to a portfolio of services and solutions.
- Experience with object-oriented programming using ASP.NET Core.
- Experience developing custom applications and integrations.
- Experience with SQL databases, GIT repos, and MVC architectures.
- Familiar with microservices, APIs and REST architectures.
- Capable of working remotely and independently and as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Effective time management skills and ability to balance priorities and deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and functional English communication.
- Familiar with object-oriented programming using Python or Java.
- Familiar with Agile development methodologies.
- Familiar with Bootstrap, jQuery, Django, and frameworks.
- Familiar with DevOps, process automation, CI/CD pipelines, and container-based architectures.
- Familiar with mobile first and responsive UI/UX design practices.
- Self-starter, adaptable, and quick to learn new technologies.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Diploma in IT or Computer Science and 3 years of experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered if you do not hold a degree or diploma in a related field.
- Must have direct experience in application development.
- Excellent Work life harmony
- 35-hour work weeks
- Flexible Work Arrangements
- Modified Work Weeks
- Health, Dental, and Life Insurance
- Defined Benefits Pension Plan (transferable across governments)
- Short- and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays, Vacation, Sick Leave, and Family Leave
- Employee and Family Assistance Programs
- Mentorship Programs
- Career Development Training is Offered and Encouraged
- Diverse Career Paths and Opportunities Across Government
- Excellent Job Security and Collective Bargaining Agreement
Welcome to the Department of Cyber Security and Digital Solutions (CSDS), the guiding force behind digital transformation within the Government of Nova Scotia. Formerly known as the Nova Scotia Digital Service (NSDS) within the Department of Service Nova Scotia and Internal Services (SNSIS), we have evolved into a standalone department with a focused mission.
At CSDS, we support government departments and partners in their digital transformation journeys. We don't just implement digital solutions; we navigate the complexities of digital transformation, modernizing outdated systems and ways of working. Our role is to ensure that digital services are user-centered, efficient, and make a real difference to Nova Scotians.
Our team is diverse and passionate, championing innovation and embracing the richness of multiple perspectives. We're not just an IT department; we're a community dedicated to enabling digital transformation and bolstering cybersecurity across the province.
Join us at CSDS as we shape the future of digital services in Nova Scotia, supporting our partners in their journey towards a digital future
- Defined Benefits Pension Plan
- Health, Dental, Life Insurance Benefits
- About the Nova Scotia Government and General Employees Union (NSGEU)
- NSGEU Civil Service Agreement (Holiday, Vacation, Sick Leave, Family Leave)
Pay Grade: PR 14
Salary Range: $2,640.65 - $3,215.50 Bi-Weekly
Employment Equity Statement:
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the citizens we serve. The Government of Nova Scotia has an Employment Equity Policy, and we welcome applications from Indigenous People, African Nova Scotians and Other Racially Visible Persons, Persons with Disabilities and Women in occupations or positions where they are under-represented. If you are a member of one of these equity groups, you are encouraged to self-identify on your electronic application.
This is a bargaining unit position initially restricted to current civil service employees represented by the Nova Scotia Government Employees Union (NSGEU). If applying from outside a government office, employees must apply correctly via this link:
Failure to apply correctly means that your application will not be given first consideration as a bargaining unit applicant, and will only be included if external applications are pursued.
External applicants and current casual employees will only be considered if there are no qualified civil service bargaining unit candidates. PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will not be considered for an interview if applications are incomplete or are missing information.
Offer of employment is conditional upon the completion of all applicable background checks and confirmation of credentials, the results of which must be satisfactory to the employer. We thank all applicants for the interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. All questions and concerns may be directed to [email protected].