Wesgroup Properties started as a family business in British Columbia more than 60 years ago and is now one of Western Canada’s largest private real estate companies. Wesgroup owns and manages over 3.2 million square feet of commercial and multi-family real estate and has built more than 7,000 homes in 100 communities. Our operations are vertically integrated to include land acquisition, construction, finance, design, marketing, sales, leasing, and property management. We are dedicated to conducting business in line with our values of adaptability, accountability, relationships, and observing The Golden Rule, without fail.
We are currently seeking an experienced, highly organized, and exceptionally skilled Executive Assistant to provide unparalleled administrative and logistical support to the Chair and to the Wesik Family Foundation. In this role, you will take on and oversee diverse projects, manage scheduling, coordinate travel arrangements, draft and edit correspondence, manage confidential files and records, and liaise with internal and external stakeholders on a wide range of projects.
The ideal candidate will have a strong professional background in at least one of the below areas:
- Business administration
- Paralegal work
- Project/event management
You should be resourceful, unflappable, a skilled and professional communicator, flexible and adaptable, with a drive to succeed while being a team player.
If you have a passion for providing high-level administrative support and possess the skills and experience required for this position, we encourage you to apply. This is a unique opportunity to work in a dynamic environment and to make a significant impact on the success of our organization.
- Provide professional and confidential administrative and executive support to the Chair and Family Business Council.
- Provide accurate and timely management of calendars and contact database.
- Participate in daily/weekly meetings to review projects, document signing requirements, upcoming events, travel plans and calendars. Prepare a weekly status report for the Chair.
- Manage the processing of monthly corporate expenses.
- Coordinate and facilitate all Board, Family Business Council, Wesik Family Foundation, and committee meetings.
- Donation and Sponsorship coordination and facilitation
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE
- A dedicated, discrete, high calibre professional with proven track record of success in senior level Executive Support roles with a minimum of 10 years’ related experience. Previous experience working in a Family Office seen as a strong asset.
- An experienced team player with proven analytical thinking, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Operates with the highest level of discretion, diplomacy, and confidentiality at all times.
- Resourceful, proactive and ability to work independently with minimal or no direction.
- Advanced computer skills with proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Flexible, adaptable, trustworthy, and dependable.
WHAT WE OFFER
- A competitive compensation package with robust and extensive health benefits.
- A fun and inclusive culture supported by an employee-led Culture Committee with sponsorship from the President, providing you with opportunities to participate in group workouts, team sports, company-wide social events or celebrations, and other great initiatives that foster Wesgroup’s culture.
- The Wesgroup Store, stocked with amazing name-brand apparel and items to purchase using points earned for milestones, participation, and going above and beyond.
- A Lifestyle Spending Account which includes coverage for fitness, daycare, and eldercare costs. Wesgroup also covers the cost for all employees to attend two fitness classes per week at partnering fitness facilities to promote wellbeing.
- Wesgroup supports a broad range of community initiatives through donations and employee volunteer activities, including paid days off to volunteer your time each year and give back to our communities.
- Stocked kitchens with healthy (and not-so-healthy!) snacks, fresh fruit and veggies, sparkling water, premium coffees and teas with a wide range of dairy alternatives to support your daily caffeine hit.
- A brand-new, beautifully designed office downtown with incredible views of the ocean and North Shore mountains, across from the Burrard sky train station.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in exploring this exciting opportunity to join one of Western Canada’s largest real estate companies, please visit our website at https://wesgroup.ca/careers/ and apply with your resume and cover letter today. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for follow-up will be contacted.