POSITION: Worker’s Compensation Case Manager
REPORTS TO: Operational Manager, ReedGroup Canada
LOCATION: Toronto, Canada (Remote)
Who We Are:
ReedGroup is a dynamic, fast-growing organization. We are a leader in managing absences for over 100 national companies. Our focus is on workers’ compensation, disability, leaves, claims outsourcing, analytics, and consulting for over 20 years. Our philosophy is to enable our clients and their employees through innovation, expertise and informed insight.
Come make a difference and consider this unique opportunity to step into a rewarding career. You won’t be showing up to do a job you’ll be joining us on a mission. Helping people and clients is what we do, and we want you to help us be our best at it. This job offers a competitive salary and meaningful incentive program. Generous employee benefits, including full medical/dental/vision coverage and Pension/RSP with employer match.
We’ve built a positive culture with a bright future and pride ourselves as a team of smart people who are interested in helping others.
Reporting to the Manager, Worker’s Compensation, you are responsible for assisting employees on behalf of the employer when the employee is off work, or at risk of being off work, due to a workplace injury. The case manager assesses any barriers to a successful and timely return to work and engages with stakeholders to implement strategies to address those identified barriers and support return to work or an appropriate alternative plan.
- Meeting with clients to review internal workplace injury issues
- Managing workplace injury claims, minimizing time-loss and claim costs through early intervention and proactive co-ordination of services
- Ensuring regular and open lines of communication with clients, injured workers, and the provincial Workers’ Compensation Boards
- Liaising with the provincial Workers’ Compensation Boards
- Review claim files
- Interpreting provincial workers’ compensation legislation, policies and procedures
- Filing reports of injury, identifying appeal issues, drafting letters of objection
- Coordinating case management activities including developing, implementing and monitoring return to work and rehabilitation strategies
- Facilitating 3rd party interventions (functional capacity evaluations, independent medical evaluations)
- 2-3 years work experience in a workers’ compensation claims management capacity either at the WSIB (or a similar provincial workers’ compensation board-commission) or in an in-house capacity at a private company with corresponding knowledge of workers’ compensation statutes, policies and procedures, and workplace health and safety would be an asset
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Education, preferably in a related field, or a human resource and/or health and safety and/or insurance certificate-designation are assets. In the absence of these qualifications, significant consideration will be given to applicants with claims management experience.
- Paralegal license would be an asset
Equal Employment Opportunity
ReedGroup is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- WSIB: 2 years (preferred)
- Workers Compensation Case Management: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote