Civil Litigation OR/AND Criminal law OR/AND Corporate law OR/AND Family law (Contract)
Neolegal, a virtual mid-sized law firm, is on a mission to increase accessibility to the justice system through its virtual platform and affordable flat fees.
Are you passionate about civil litigation, about criminal law, about corporate law, about family law and want to participate in the future of legal services, while being in control of your schedule? This position is well-suited for lawyers seeking flexible, remote, part-time work or full time work, and who have a background in any area of civil litigation, particularly in small claims or tribunal matters.
As the External Legal Counsel (Contract), you will be responsible for the following:
- Provide legal advice and support to clients by telephone;
- Draft and review civil documents such as demand letters, claims, and more;
- Negotiate on behalf of Neolegal’s clients;
- Guide clients through the stages of a dispute;
- Represent clients at virtual hearings, in accordance with the lawyers’ availability and area of expertise;
- Additional services on a case-by-case basis as agreed with Neolegal, and in accordance with the lawyer’s ability and willingness to provide them.
- Lawyer in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario
- Availabilities for full time partnership
- Comfortable with technology and ability to work remotely
- Practical experience in civil litigation and/or family law
- Experience representing clients in virtual hearings an asset
- Ability to explain complex legal concepts in plain language
- Excellent customer service skills
Why should you apply?
- Compensation on a per-file basis
- Autonomy in the service of a file
- Flexible working hours and work-life balance
- 100% Remote - no presence at the office required
Job Type: Freelance
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Are you a lawyer or a paralegal in good standing with the Law Society of Ontario ?
- Are you available for a full time partnership ?
Work Location: In person