We believe that your growth is our growth. We invest in you. We are a collaborative environment and built from a core set of beliefs that diverse minds, backgrounds and skill sets bring an unparalleled employee experience; thus translating to an exclusive and shared experience to our clients.
Corporate Accountant - Contract
Please note this is a 6 month contract position that has the opportunity to transition to full time.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of daily and monthly transactions, including but not limited to accounts payable, accounts receivable, expense reports, accruals, bad debt and payroll.
- Prepare complex journal entries for entry into the general ledger system on a monthly basis by collecting necessary data, analyzing and/or allocating costs and preparing audit trail support for the journal entries.
- Complete month-end and year-end close functions including preparing journal entries, assisting with the review of department financials, and working with other departments and throughout the close process.
- Perform monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts mainly associated with cash and payroll related liabilities. Most of these reconciliations are considered high-volume and/or high-risk accounts ranging from a high to moderate level of difficulty.
- Prepare financial reports in a timely and accurate manner; and complete individual analytical projects in a satisfactory manner given abstract project guidelines.
- Participate in monthly financial meetings for discussion and review of monthly financial reports.
- Assist with the maintenance and application of internal controls.
- Assist in the preparation of working papers for annual audit and internal controls audits.
- Provide expertise and guidance to other Finance personnel for proper internal and external financial accounting procedures and their application.
- Reconcile quarterly payroll filings with the general ledger.
- Support budget and forecasting activities.
- Assist departmental managers/directors with other duties and projects as needed.
- Assist employees and clients by answering questions related to accounts.
- Occasional special projects as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field.
- Proven experience in corporate accounting or a similar role.
- Proficiency in financial services software, such as Sage or QuickBooks.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities.
Join our team as a Corporate Accountant and contribute to the financial success of our organization. As a Corporate Accountant, you will be responsible for reconciling accounts, conducting audits, processing payroll, and providing financial services support. This is an excellent opportunity for a detail-oriented individual with a strong background in accounting.
To apply for this position, please submit your resume and cover letter detailing your relevant experience and qualifications. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Job Type: Fixed term contract
Contract length: 6 months
Salary: $55,000.00-$65,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Accounting: 3 years (required)
- English and French (required)
Work Location: In person