We are a leading Canadian financial services co-operative committed to being a catalyst for a sustainable and resilient society and our team is essential to deliver on this strategy. That’s why we prioritize our people, to ensure we provide a strong culture and development opportunities which enables our team to thrive and to live our purpose. The best part is that you will work with people that care passionately about you, our clients, and our communities.
Our Claims team aspires to create peace of mind for our clients and our communities. Our national team of knowledgeable and trusted professionals serve our clients with compassion. We are passionate about continuous improvement and operate with high-integrity, motivated by our desire to do the right thing for our clients. The core function of the position is to adjudicate accident benefit injury claims.
This position requires investigation and facilitation of assigned claims reported, in accordance with the Company and Regulatory guidelines. In this role, the adjuster is accountable for making claims decisions for medical and/or attendant care and/or disability benefits. The majority of this function involves interacting with policyholders and service providers and providing direction to independent adjusters, defense counsel, medical experts, etc. in order to deliver the claims service and make claims decisions within their assigned authority.
How you will create impact:
- Investigate, interpret coverage, reserve adequately, negotiate and settle automobile accident benefit claims in accordance with the Ontario Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule, or Section B policies for Alberta, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland.
- Providing quality client service in accordance with claims handling standards and within government related timelines.
- Actively participate with claimants, physicians, treatment providers, employers, rehabilitation workers and other service providers in the development, approval, implementation and monitoring of appropriate case management plans for clients.
- Ensure timely reporting of file exposures to Manager on a scheduled basis.
- Liaise with policyholders and other professional service providers on the assessment, delivery and payment of claims by telephone, writing, etc.
- Adhere to customer satisfaction standards to contribute to increased customer retention and reduction of severity in all areas of claims.
- Authorize payments and reserves up to $100,000 authority.
- Responsible for working knowledge of policy management system, Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
How you will succeed:
- You adapt to change and are committed to continuous improvement, in order to exceed client expectations.
- Your strong communication skills allow you to clearly convey messages.
- You’re an effective team player who shares knowledge to support your peers.
To join our team:
- CIP Designation and/or working towards with a minimum requirement of C-11 Principles and Practices completion.
- You have or will attain and maintain provincial adjusting licensing requirements by following provincial guidelines with respect to completion of required CIP courses.
- 5 years claims handling experience claims handling experience in either accident benefits and/or liability and/or bodily injury claims.
- Sound industry knowledge of various legislations across provinces and varied regulations.
What's in it for you?
- Training and development opportunities to grow your career.
- Paid time off to support your personal and family needs.
- A holistic approach to your well-being, with a supportive workplace culture.
- Paid volunteer days to give back to your community.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including competitive salary, pension and benefits.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Work Location: In person