Job Title: Family Law Legal Assistant
Job #: 16295
Job Type: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Excellent Benefits
Remote Flexibility: Hybrid Remote Flexibility
Our client, a leading Toronto firm is currently looking for a Family Law Legal Assistant. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- Full service boutique law firm specializing in business law, civil litigation, family law, real estate and tax and estate planning.
- Top tier Toronto law firm!
- Conveniently located in the heart of the Financial District!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist lawyers in a busy law firm;
- Provide secretarial support creating documents and correspondence through transcription and copy-typing, making revisions as necessary
- Drafting court orders;
- Photocopy and/or organize documents for distribution, mailing and binding
- Coordinating court dates;
- Liaise professionally with lawyers, clients, courts, and process servers;
- Open, close and maintain legal files;
- Prepare drafts of correspondence, financial statements, affidavits, orders, pleadings and other legal documents;
- Complete special projects as required
- Arrange for filing and service of documents;
- Manage timelines and bring-forward system; and
- Assist with other legal administrative duties as needed.
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk diploma from an accredited institution;
- 2+ years of family law experience;
- Solid understanding of Family Law Rules and court filing processes;
- Hands-on experience working with transactional/complex documents
- Exceptional drafting skills (correspondence, pleadings, affidavits, briefs);
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint), DivorceMate, and ACL;
- Exercises discretion and ability to keep matters confidential at all times;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
How To Apply
Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #16295 in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant.
Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.comfor new employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $51,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person