At MacNeil Wash Solutions, a division of National Carwash Solutions Inc. (NCS), we pride ourselves on a friendly, family vibe. We host employee events such as BBQ days, staff appreciation days, and a December holiday lunch, to name a few. We want to show our employees that their contributions matter! We strongly believe that in a team environment, together everyone achieves more.
With your safety as one of our top priorities, we build a safety culture by providing lunch for all employees monthly if we are incident free.
We also offer the following benefits for our valued employees:
1) A Safety Boot Reimbursement Program
2) Group Benefits
3) Employee Referral Bonuses
4) RRSP Match Program
MacNeil and the rest of the NCS family is continually expanding which often presents opportunities for cross training and employee growth within the company.
If you are reliable, eager to learn, and looking for an employer who values what you bring to the table we look forward to hearing from you.
As a Senior Accountant, you will be assisting in preparing statements that follow all regulatory and accounting guidelines. You will be responsible for identifying and preventing discrepancies and helping set up control systems.
· Performing day to day bookkeeping in accordance with general accepted accounting principles
· Analyzing and preparing financial statements, including profit and loss statements, balance sheets, cash flow statements and statements of financial position
· All aspects of accounting management as if relates to our company (Billing, Tax Forms, Reporting, etc.)
· Reconciliation and payments of all taxes required including HST, Provincial Taxes, EHT, Workers Compensation, etc.
· Prepare trial balance
· Assist in the formulation of internal controls and policies to comply with legislature and established best practices
· Manage journal entries, reconcile accounts daily/monthly (ex. Bank statements) to prepare the monthly financial statements for our ACCPACC accounting system
· Track fixed assets and prepare depreciation schedules
· Preparing documents for internal and external audits
· Participate in preparation for annual audit and month/year end financials
· Perform month end closings
· Back-up accounts payable and/or accounts receivable as needed
· Accurately reflect inventory rotations and cost of goods sold amounts
· Comply with all applicable OHSA, ESA and other provincial regulatory laws, as well as company safety policies
· Any other duties as assigned by the Senior Operations Controller
· Proven experience in accounting
· Solid knowledge of GAAP and regulations
· Knowledge of accounting and financial processes (budgeting, financial closure, reporting, etc.)
· Working knowledge of ACCPACC accounting software would be an asset
· Strong MS Office skills (Including Excel)
· Organized, reliable, and able to carry out tasks autonomously, and collaboratively
· Knowledge of ERP
· Attention to detail and problem solving
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Professional certification would be an asset
· 3-5 years of experience preferred
NCS is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any accommodations during the recruitment process, please contract Human Resources.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $80,000.00-$90,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- RRSP match
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Accounting: 3 years (required)
Work Location: One location