Tempel is America’s largest manufacturer of magnetic laminations for the motor and transformer industry, dating back to 1945. With manufacturing facilities in USA, Canada, Mexico, China, and India we continue to be a fast-growing industrial manufacturer providing a full range of highly efficient transformer components at our facility in Burlington Ontario, where we have been since 1975.
Our primary products out of this location are Wound Distributed Gap Cores, Mitre and Butt Lap Laminations, Logs and Fully Assembled Cores in our Flat Stack Department, Steel Sales, Custom Slitting and a warehousing for Tempel Steel’s laminations.
Maintains financial records and ensures that financial transactions are properly recorded. Ensures the accuracy of entries to ledger accounts and reconciles subsidiary ledger accounts to the general ledger. Prepares balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Analyzes current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensure an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly and year end close
- Support budgeting and forecasting activities including sales, raw material costing, and overhead expenses.
- Work with operations to highlight and investigate any deviations from budget
- Perform post sales analytics, working extensively with commercial team
- Analyze costs across all operations while developing more in-depth cost analysis processes with cross-functional teams.
- Support remote corporate finance team in financial duties including audit work for SOX compliancy.
- Verify accuracy of sales invoicing
- Process purchase order receipts and invoices
- Ensure accuracy of expenses including correct account allocation
- Process monthly inventory revaluation
- Generate monthly ERP based financial reports
- Ensure accuracy of raw material pricing and maintain within ERP system
- Posting GL journal entries
- Maintain FX rates
- Oversee month end bank reconciliation
- Backup other roles as necessary including: Purchasing, Cash Management
- CPA designation in-progress
- 2 or more years of experience in manufacturing environments holding similar positions.
- Strong understanding of management and business processes.
- Degree or diploma in business, finance or equivalent discipline.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Superior system skills, including ERP systems experience (preferably Visual and/or Oracle), and advanced Excel capabilities.
- High level understanding of data management and analytics.
- Self-starter, organized, attention to detail, deadline orientated, hands-on.
- Able to identify key issues; creatively overcome internal challenges or obstacles.
- High level of integrity, confidentially, and accountability.
- Sound planning and execution skills, and able to balance priorities in a dynamic environment.
- A valid driver’s license to meet travel requirements.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $74,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Burlington, ON L7L 5H6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Accounting: 1 year (required)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (preferred)
Work Location: In person