MILLER WASTE SYSTEMS – PURCHASING COORDINATOR
Miller Waste Systems Inc. – Ottawa East/Carp and Pembroke
Corporate Inventory Control Specialist
Monday – Friday (2:00 pm – 11:00 pm)
Miller Waste Systems Inc. has been in operation since 1961. Miller is a leader in waste management and diversion, providing governments and industries with a wide range of services in the provinces of Ontario, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick and Manitoba. Miller has over 50 years’ experience in the waste management sector, and currently operates out of more than 30 locations. We are looking for a highly capable Purchaser to be located out of our Brampton location in Ontario.
Miller Waste Systems is looking for a Purchasing Coordinator with 2+ years of experience in the transportation industry and with 2+ years of equipment purchasing/procurement and inventory control experience. A collaborative but strong nature is essential, and the applicant’s background in parts and maintenance and the transportation industry will allow them to succeed and grow within Miller Waste.
In the position of Purchasing Coordinator your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Must adhere to Miller Waste System safety protocols and must be familiar with occupational Health & Safety Act.
- Daily purchase order placement for parts and services as required by the facility, or multiple facilities, and under guidance from Corporate Purchasing
- Process requisition requests and manage delivery schedule
- Prepare RFQs and source products and services, working closely with Corporate Buyers on supplier selection
- Manage Open Purchase Orders and expedite deliveries
- Arrange transport of goods and track orders to ensure timely delivery
- Manage inventory and stock levels, and perform cycle counts as required
- Release requested inventory to work orders in an efficient manner
- Receive parts into ERP system daily, ensuring parts are properly labelled and put away into inventory correctly
- Create new part numbers, as required
- Manage return material authorizations with Suppliers
- Maintain accurate records and Supplier files of purchases and inventory
- Physical ability to transport inventory weighing up to 50 lbs
- Work closely with facility Operations and Equipment for various request
- Resolve identified invoice discrepancies efficiently as identified by Accounting
- Resolve inventory discrepancies efficiently as identified by Corporate Inventory
- Be aware of market trends
- University or College degree will be considered an asset. 2+ years as a Buyer/Purchaser
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use Excel
- Technical aptitude
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work 3pm-12am, or 1pm-10pm
- Must be flexible and able to support Ottawa East/West and Prembroke
- Travel will be required
- Flexibility is also required as this position occasionally requires travel, early starts, late finishes and, on rare occasions, weekend work.
All Miller Waste Systems Employees must comply with the companies COVID-19 policy and protocols.
We are committed to equity, diversity and inclusivity in the workplace, we welcome applications from women, racially visible individuals, people with disabilities, indigenous peoples, and LGBTQ2S+ persons.
We are committed to providing person with disabilities with equal opportunities and standards of goods and services and are fully compliant with applicable provincial Disabilities Acts.
Miller Waste Systems strives to be ‘only the best’. As a privately owned and operated Waste Company we have 50 years’ experience of providing quality service to all our customers. We have been successful in achieving this goal by providing a family and employee centric environment at all our locations. By providing an industry leading work environment and compensation, benefits, and pension programs, Miller Waste continues to grow our business.