Senior Corporate Accountant
Bringing More to the Party!™
At Arctic Glacier we create value with quality products and great service experiences.
Sure, we have exciting job opportunities, but there’s also the great pay, rewarding work, and clear vision of doing the right thing – by our customers and associates. Our team goes the extra mile for our customers, and in turn they get the support of the company. We pride ourselves on having a compassionate atmosphere, where our team feels empowered to do their best. This includes an unwavering commitment to associate safety and the flexibility to work around personal commitments.
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Accounting, this role is responsible for the daily, weekly, and monthly reconciliation of all accounts. This role is also responsible for assisting in report building, working with customers to ensure payments are made and preparing statements and reports for whoever needs.
- Prepares weekly and monthly accounting reports and schedules.
- Prepares account reconciliations.
- Ensures financial records are maintained in compliance with accepted policies and procedures.
- Follows up with regional representatives to ensure payments are received.
- Reconciles customer statements.
- Assists in the preparation of documents for external auditors.
- Provides reporting for departmental needs.
- Liaise with key stakeholders on business relating to accounting.
- Provide support to the regions with balancing and reconciling their accounts.
Work Life Balance
- Minimum 5 years of accounting experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, pursuing CPA designation, or full life-cycle accounting experience in lieu of degree.
- Microsoft Excel expert; in-depth knowledge building excel reports.
- Great Plains experience considered an asset.
- High degree of detail in all work projects.
- Strong account reconciliation experience.
- Excellent organizational time management skills
- Exceptional communication skills (verbal and written).
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Flexible and adaptable to new situations with the ability to keep up in a fast-paced work environment.
- Ability to work independently in a team environment.
Arctic Glacier values a diverse, inclusive workforce and we provide equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to an individual’s race, color, sex, gender identity, gender expression, religion, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability medical condition, family care status, marital status, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, genetic information, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, province, or local laws.