Requisition ID: 169401
Job Level: Mid Level
Home District/Group: DHO Kiewit Business Services
Department: Business Management
Market: Corporate Home Office
Employment Type: Full Time
The District Payroll Support Specialist provides high-quality support and outstanding customer service to all areas of the Kiewit organization and processes a high volume of time and payroll-related requests. Tasks include pre and post-payroll audits, submitting off-cycles, pay additions, labor cost moves, setting up overtime rules, and general payroll and time inquiries. It is a fast-paced, challenging environment that will provide you with the opportunity to continuously learn and grow in all facets of Kiewit’s core business activities. #LI-HM1
Kiewit Business Services (KBS) is a cross-functional shared service organization that provides the business units with customer-specific services focused on cost and business value. Our services include non-core, yet essential, functions of our businesses including accounts payable, accounts receivable, change control, human capital management, payroll, project initiation, compliance and continuous improvement.
The District Payroll Support Specialist is part of the KBS Payroll department.
This position will be based out of Kiewit's Laval office.
- Pre and post payroll audits
- Process time and payroll related requests such as pay additions, cost moves, time/PTO entry, overtime rules setup, etc.
- Develop strong relationships with field personnel and provide excellent time and payroll support
- Understand Kiewit’s core business and demonstrate a sense of urgency toward business-critical issues; Team members must be willing to go above and beyond in support of Kiewit’s districts and projects
- Understand and follow processes, procedures, and internal controls
- Reliable and consistent attendance
- Support and participate in collaboration activities to promote and implement continuous process improvement
- Perform other job-related tasks as needed or assigned
- Prior Payroll experience
- Working knowledge and experience in the use of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly motivated and self-directed; initiative and a sense of urgency to get things done
- Attention to detail with ability to recognize discrepancies
- Excellent analytical, math and organization skills
- Ability to understand and follow process and controls
- Ability to work with a high degree of accuracy with minimal supervision in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
- Ability to develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize, and accomplish assigned work
- Excellent customer service and collaboration skills; ability to connect and build relationships with others inside and outside the organization
- College Degree in business or related field preferred
- Previous SAP experience preferred
- Prior work experience in a shared services environment preferred
- Functional knowledge of English (written and verbal) is considered as an asset since mobility across provinces in Canada is required. Lessons can be provided as needed.
We offer our full-time staff employees a comprehensive benefits package that’s among the best in our industry, including top-tier medical, dental and vision plans covering eligible employees and dependents, voluntary wellness and employee assistance programs, life insurance, disability, retirement plans with matching, and generous paid time off.
We believe in equal opportunity in employment practices without discrimination and comply with all laws regarding human rights in the provinces where we operate.
- Regular, reliable attendance
- Work productively and meet deadlines timely
- Communicate and interact effectively and professionally with supervisors, employees, and others individually or in a team environment
- Perform work safely and effectively. Understand and follow oral and written instructions, including warning signs, equipment use, and other policies.
- Work during normal operating hours to organize and complete work within given deadlines. Work overtime and weekends as required.